CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Monday, February 23, 2009

Whats up Doc?

Did ya like my last post? Kinda gross huh? I went to Community Care this morning. Walked in "in Tears" walked out "in Tears. Saw Doc. Campbell. He is awesome. I will only go if he is there because he has treated my sinus's. Here is our conversation

Doc: So what can I do for you?
Judy: (pulls up pant leg)

Doc: ( Shrieks with disgust! Just joking, I'm sure he's seen worse) What is going on?
Judy: Have ya heard about the Drama in our lives? (Jerry is his Bishop) that means he is in my ward.
Judy: (Cries uncontrollably)
Doc: This could be stress

anyway....in a nutshell he gave me the 10 pounder drug. Prednisone. Just to get me through the Hawaii thing. He was awesome and very understanding as I tried to talk through my crackling voice. He's A great Doc!
So I go to get the prescription at Mike's Pharmacy. (he has employed all of my children at one time or another) Here is our conversation.
Mike: How are you doing?
Judy: Oh, just let me show you.
Judy walks behind counter so all the help can see, pulls up pant leg and hears.....EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!
Mike: So....does this mean the string bikini is a no for Hawaii.
Judy: Maybe next time!
Came home and took 2 Benadryls. Slept an hour. Kinda down.......kinda frustrated.
Doorbell rings, dog barks!
Judy: WHAT? The rose shop?????
We received the most beautiful flowers.
Open Card: Card Says: I am thinking of you today. Love you Natalie.
I read it to Jerry with another crackled voice. Lump in throat.


Natalie is the oldest daughter of Jerry's oldest Sister. From the moment Nan was born, I have loved her. I think back of all the times her and Katie would come over and play with the girls. They loved dressing up in dance clothes, and would dance on the hot tub. My girls loved to have them come over. I have always been in the background, supporting and praying for her. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that she would also become such a great friend. We have spent hours talking about the trials that we are faced with. Today she was a rainbow after a storm, a sunrise after a sleepless night.

I can't believe how much these flowers brightened my day. Thanks Nan. You are the best!

Got on Lisa Bearnson's blog and she posted this story:

Two Wolves One evening an elderly Cherokee Indian told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.He said, "My son, the battle is between two "wolves" inside us all.One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego.The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

I had a friend ask me if I am angry. Angry about all this crap in my life. I said no. I've come along way since the last bout with cancer, I guess you could say that my lamp is fuller. I think I was alot more prepared this time, some of that comes with age,but some of it comes from trying to gain a stronger testimony and learning and believing in the Atenment. I love the Story of the 10 Virgins, and with this trial, I can see that I am getting closer to have my lamp full. I am trying to feed the good wolf.

5 comments:

Lynn

I appreciate your pharmacist's humor. You are so blessed to have a great doctor and people in your town who know you and your family so well.

I just can't picture myself pulling up my pant leg for my pharmacist! LOL!

Those are some GORGEOUS flowers too! Your family is just awesome!

sandy

YOU GO FOR THE STRING BIKINI ANYWAY!!!! OH BETTER YET SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO ITCH AROUND IT GO FOR THE BIRTHDAY SUIT LOOK. I AM SO GLAD YOUR PHARMACIST HAS A SENSE OF HUMOR. I LOVE HIM TOO. KEEP YOUR SELF DRUGGED AND HAVE A GREAT TIME.

Unknown

What beautiful flowers!
You have such a great support system, how blessed you are! I really hope you start feeling better soon!!

Bobbi

That is the neatest story. I had to copy that for "another day". Have a wonderful time in Hawaii and maybe all the sun will help those hives. I couldn't believe how bad they are. so sorry--

Natalie Williams

I hope you have a better day today! Love ya :)

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge