Survive..... that is what my 2009 word is. I have had "one of those January's" and I am trying even harder to live by my word.
Even though my life is hard right now, I want to dig deeper, and talk about womanhood. I can never remember not "loving being a girl" I was born and raised on a farm, and even though I loved to ride bikes, play in the dirt, swim in the canal, play any kind of sports, I always loved getting dressed up, in the girly stuff.....Loved the yellows and pinks.
As I grew I loved being a girl, having a best friend, flirting with a boy, trying to dress with the clothes I made my self on my sewing machine.
I know I was predestined to be a mom. That is all I wanted. I didn't go to college, didn't work outside the home....I just stayed home and raised kids. I thought I would be doing this for ever. Well, it depends on what forever is. My babies are growing and leaving, starting their own lives, becoming respectable adults.
This has been very difficult for me. I am looking back, wishing I had gone to school, got a degree, did something with my life that I could fill this huge hole that is now in my heart.
It is very easy to become discouraged when your job is over, and you think, "Now What?"
Satan wants to find all of our discouragements, and scream in our ears that we are to fat, have pimples, stretch marks, not as beautiful as our friends or that we haven't lived up to what we thought we would.
I am trying to Survive Satan's snare. I know that I am a daughter of God. I know the Lord is pleased with me and how I have raised my kids. I know he smiles down every time I take in a meal or make a friendly phone call. I Love this song that is playing on my playlist.
This one is for the girls. All of us girls out there who struggle with life each and every day.
We can do it! We can find our inner beauty and learn to love ourselves. We can quit beating ourselves up.....and realize our worth.
I have been thinking about this lately, and was watching Good Morning America today. Dr Oz was on and talking about women and losing weight, ect... and he was talking about our kids, he said:
They are not going to treat themselves they way you threat them, they will treat themselves the way you treat yourself.
This is so powerful, If we eat healthy, (something I am working on) If we love ourselves, if we think and say we are fat.........
Here is a link the the program. It is good!
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/OnCall/story?id=6818395&page=1
I love to feel useful. I love people and purpose. I am learning that I also love to be alone, to think about the GOOD things in me and my life.
I love my Mother in Law. She has been one of my very best Friends for 28 years. She is having a difficult time right now. Please include her and my Father in Law in your prayers. We found out this week that Bill's cancer is bad, and there is nothing they can do. It has been so difficult to face. I think that Darlene is the most amazing and and loving Mother in Law I could have asked for. She worries and loves each one of us so much. She taught Jerry to love himself. I know Heavenly Father is pleased with her and the way she has lived her life and the love she has shown. You go girl!
I know we can survive these latter days. I know that it is us girls that have to be strong. We HAVE to love ourselves and be the example. We have to escape Satan's snare and truly believe that we are of worth. Go Girls!!!!!
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Uplifting Quotes
"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley
"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo
"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo
. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker
GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye
LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams
The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams
..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye
"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis
"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman
"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo
"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer
"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo
"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo
. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker
GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye
LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams
The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams
..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye
"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis
"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman
"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo
"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer
Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun







7 comments:
Thank you, thank you for sharing. Every woman/girl needs to hear this. I don't think we can hear this enough as we are constantly comparing ourselves to others and picking ourselves apart. I hope I can fix several of those weaknesses before my kids are old enough to copy my bad habits. Recognizing is the first step to recovery, but we often don't want to admit it... I know I'm guilty. Your in-laws sound so sweet, they are in my prayers along with you and Jerry. Be strong, we love you!
I am so glad you posted this. It is something I would say most women struggle with!! Great message. :) Keep your head up mom, you are the perfect you!! :)
Wow Judy, this was such an awesome post. You are an amazing lady. It really made me feel good to read this and realize that I need to do better and about how important my role as a mother is. Thanks a lot! You're such an amazing mother, I have always loved you to death, you were always such a good example to me, not to mention, such a cool leader back in girl's camp, you're the best.
Thanks for the reminder! It is nice to know that we are never alone as women-we all go through the same stuff and we can get strength from one another. We will keep your family in our prayers!! love ya
Judy I love you! You are amazing, you teach me so much. I think you are so beautiful and such a great example to so many people. We really need to go to lunch someday. Love ya.
Judy! That is an awesome post! EVERY single girl and woman feels those things. If even it's just a passing thought for some. But for many it's a CONSTANT nagging thought. Why does the Lucifer pick on women and their thoughts SO much? Cause he KNOWS our value! He knows our Worth! That speaks VOLUMES! Now if only we could all recognize the same thing he already knows and wants to try and take away.
Love ya!
I am keeping your MIL in my prayers. I pray that she will find the strength and peace to bear this burden she is bearing.
Post a Comment