CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Before I was a MOM!

I got this from an email......
Before I was a Mom, I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby. I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous. I never thought about immunizations. Before I was a Mom, I had never been puked on. Pooped on. Chewed on. Peed on. I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts. I slept all night. Before I was a Mom, I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests. Or give shots. I never looked into teary eyes and cried. I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin. I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep. Before I was a Mom, I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put her down. I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt. I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.I never knew that I could love someone so much. I never knew I would love being a Mom. Before I was a Mom, I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body. I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby. I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child. I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy. Before I was a Mom, I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay. I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.. I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much, before I was a Mom.

This is so perfect for all of us moms out there. Before I was a mom, they told me I may never be a mom. What a joy to find out they were wrong. Before I was a mom, I didn't realize how fast they would grow and leave my home. Before I was a mom I didn't know I would take a Daughter In Law and love her like my own, and watch my son cleave to her. Before I was a mom, I didn't realize how far Provo was, and that my daughter would live 4 hours away. Before I was a mom, I didn't realize how much it would kill me to watch my daughter go to "The Door" at the MTC! Before I was a mom, I didn't realized how excited I would be to be a grandma someday. Before I was a mom I didn't realize how much my parents love me and worry about me. Before I was a mom I didn't know that I could love someone so much and give my heart so easily. I didn't think that during certain trails in my life it would be them, that I leaned upon. Before I was a mom, I was empty, because all I ever wanted in life was to be a mom.

6 comments:

Natalie

That just made me cry! What a beautiful thought and I am feeling all those feelings for the first time and it is absolutely amazing!
I too never realized how much my parents loved me until I had a child of my own, makes me love them that much more!
HOpe you are doing better and know that your family is in our prayers!

Lynn

Beautiful! Very well said. I never knew what other moms felt until that very moment when I had my first baby. It's a feeling that in so indescribable! One can try and try to explain it, but until you are there in the moment....one never truly understands. It an amazing thing.

P.S. you'll be the best grandma around! I just know it.

Kate Call

so sweet judy. and what a wonderful mom you are... and always have been! to your own children... and many more! love ya

Sandy Layne

When Jonathan saw his baby for the first time he just sobbed. I put my arms around him and said, "isn't this something". He couldn't quit crying the whole day. I think its the greatest spiritual experience we get to have in this life. We are so close to the veil. Our children are everything to us. I am going to share "Before I was a MOM!" with him. I think it goes for Dads too. I am so sorry about your hives. You poor thing! I wished I knew a cure. I used to get the hives like that. I guess I outgrew them. Maybe Hawaii will do the trick. Love you

Bobbi

So true! You are such a great mom. During Ryan and Sydney's Sharing Time, Ryan said that he "really loves his mom". I thought that was so cute.

Amber

Oh Jude I can't wait til I'm a mom. You are like another mom to me just so you know. You are so wonderful I just love ya!

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge