A couple days ago I was checking out blogs. Kim Rose is a big-time scrapper and she has a websight:http://www.expressthemoment.com/. I was checking our her blog and she posted this: I would like to do it myself.
1. As a comment on my blog, leave a memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you know me a little or a lot, anything you remember! If we're only blogging friends, write about a post that is most memorable.
2. For each memory posted of me, be sure to check back because I am going to post a memory about you! Can't wait to read your memories!
It will be fun. I know lots of people check out my blog and I love it, but it would be nice to see who you are. Just for my protection.
As my journal, I would love to have some of these memories. I love the blogging world. It is so fun to keep up on my KIDS. (my kids' friends) and their little families. I have also met the best blogger buddy ever...Lynn! It seems to be a new life for me as my life is making drastic changes. If you make a comment, go back and check my comments on this post and I will write my memories of you! Thanks!
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Uplifting Quotes
"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley
"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo
"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo
. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker
GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye
LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams
The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams
..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye
"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis
"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman
"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo
"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer
"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo
"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo
. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker
GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye
LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams
The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams
..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye
"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis
"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman
"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo
"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer
Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun







17 comments:
Oooo! Wow! I feel so important...as you put my name right out there. Thanks. : D I was going to say I absolutely feel the same.
My memory of when we "met" was coming to your blog and reading all about your daughter's return home from her mission. I felt such a strong kin ship to you and your spirit, strength, testimony, friendshipper to all, and SO MUCH MORE! I was hooked from then on. I can actually feel what you are writing. I can read between the lines and totally understand. Love it. Love being inspired by you and your many talents, and natural ability to serve others.
Lynn: My memory of you was the first time I recieved a comment from you I was invited to come on your blog. When I looked at your picture I got goose-bumps because I felt that I knew you. I have loved being able to email our lives to each other. For some strange reason I feel a deep sister-hood, like we said: I will find you on earth. I know we knew each other. I have laughed and cried as I have read your blog and learned about your life. I love hearing about your family, as my season of young kids is closed. From One Mother to Another! Love ya!
I was just thinking of you the other night as I was watching the pioneer day celebration in Salt Lake City with the Osmond. When Donny sang "Go Away Little Girl" I thought of how we used to call you when it would come on the radio in the morning before school. What silly girls we were.
Wendy- Oh my gosh! I don't remember that but I do remember fighting over who would be Donny's wife when we played house. I loved you guys so much and ohhhh the jelousy of you four sisters! I couldn't understand why I couldn't have 3 sisters! But growing up with you was a pleasure and I do have so many great memories. Especially the skinny dipping! Wow! Those were the good old days. I know the Lord brought us together so I COULD be raised with girls. (not that I don't love the brothers!) Thanks for commenting!
i could go on and on....
my 16th birthday party at your house.. you waking me, holl, and cole up at like 6 in the morning after staying up all night... to clean up the MUD all over your drive way from trucks and cars pulling in and out of your island all night!! ahh... how did you put up with us!! i love you mom!!
oh.. how about the time you let me and cole and holl spin cookies for hours in the mud on your 4-wheelers and took a million pictures of us!! your like every childs "dream mom"... makes me miss you and cole just talking about all these memories..
Kate! Was I that mean and was it really 6 in the morning. I think of you 3 girls laughing and I can still hear it in my head. I always knew when Nicole was with you...she was safe. (safer) He He! You were like my own daughter. I was thinking about the 4 wheeling in the mud. I think that was my favorite memory. Especially when you had to go clean off in the canal. I will post pictures of that. People need to see that. I also laugh at the grapefruit. Can I post that on my blog? All the dances, games, swimming at Grandma Pasley's Pool, and were you there the night you guys stayed at my house, got your shoes on at 3 in the morning, (the shoes were by our bedroom door) and left and left a note. "Mom, we snuck out...just thought we would do it once before we graduate!) (Was really the only time you snuck out?) What about the time you opened the candy drawer and it was empty and you said: " This better never happen again. Really Kate, you was not only a good friend to Nicole but a bright spot in my life. I LOVE to hear you laugh and you guys did lots of that! I miss ya tons and LOVE ya tons! I really, truly tried to keep my candy drawer and my heart full for you girls at all times!
i actually teared up when i read this post to me!! will you copy and paste it on my blog so i have it always. you are the greatest thing in the world.. what fun memories. and what a compliment to you that your kids AND their friends have such sweet memories of you!
I want to proof that picture of the grape fruits before u post it! I know for a fact I look like horse poop in that picture! The mud 4 wheeling would be fun to see!
Oh wow, how do I even pick ONE memory I have of you and your sweet family!?! A few of my favorites are the quilts you made for everyone! AMAZING! The halloween costumes you made too. I think one of my very favorites was the fun trip we took to UT to attend the Carol Truman semniar. It was a blast!! Also another favorite, you letting us take over your house during lunch break from high school. We pretty much ate you out of house and home! AHHH! I also loved the memories Kate shared. Oh and the calendar you made I still have it, with all the pics of Cole & Kate & I! SOO fun!! You are my best!! :) I seriously could go on and on with memories of you guys!
Hey Girl! What a honor! Thanks for putting a link to the the site and blog lifting the idea to yours!
Since you left me a post, I would feel terrible if I did not leave you one.
I will always remember the times you would come to the store. You are so loving and so kind.
I remember how excited you were for your return missionary and how you brought her in to meet me. You quickly became a great friend and I am so grateful for that.
I love reading your blog and getting to know you a bit better. You are amazing and a wonderful example.
Hugs!
Holly- I think one of my favorite memories of you guys was when you got on your swimming suits and got in the bubble bath. I do have pictures. I may have to post some.
How about the time you and Nicole went through my cedar chest and dressed up in my OLD clothes. I loved all the dressing up for halloween and for home-coming week. I LOVED having you guys come home for lunch. My heart and my fridge was always open to you guys. Do you remember the signs we made up after the crazy Truman seminar.I will never forget the time that Nicole said that you didn't have a ride home so you both got on the 4 wheeler and tried to find a way through the field to your house. You drove up and down the driveway, laughing your heads off. You were such a blessing in Nicole's life when we moved back from Arizon. I am sure you understand now that you are a Mommy when I say I prayed hard for some good friends to come into her life at that time. I was also very blessed. I have and always will have a special place in my heart for you. You have not only been Nicole's friend but mine also. I looked so forward to you coming to my home and I knew that with you and Kate, things would be OK.
I know in the life before, the Pasley's and Bodilys said....we will ALL be the best of friends down there! I know that. Love You!
Thanks for sharing your life with me.
Kim...I am so glad you had the store so I had an opportunity to get to know you. I miss coming in the store on Tuesdays.(kit day) Thanks for sharing your talents with all of us out there that needs someone elses inspiration to get any scrapping done. Love the Bishop connection. Seem us Bishop's wives have to band together. Keep in touch and keep the monthly kits rollin' in. Love them. As you know....I am addicted to kits....and yours were the best.
So many fun memories! One of my very first memories was when you guys lived in your house on Lincoln Rd. and Amber and I were over playing with Stacy. We were in the basement playing My Little Ponies and you made us lunch that we got to eat on a blanket in the backyard. I remember how excited I was to have a real picnic, and with my best friends! So fun. And I just loved high school and being able to come over to your house whenever just to hang out. I remember how much you helped us out with costumes and other fun things we were doing for random high school events. And you took so many great pictures of us all in the process! I will cherish those forever. You were a second mom for sure, and you always made me feel like another daughter. I have been blessed to have had you and your family in my life for so many years! I'm grateful that friendship has continued. Thanks for always being so great! Love ya!
Love your motto "Life's 2 Short" - especially when it comes to family. I have always adored your parents and so how could I not love you. I admire your enthusiasm for life, your cute sense of humor and laugh, and your dedication to your family. If I had to pick one memory we've had together that typifies you it would be Mom's 80th. You came, brought your camera and did all you could to make the day more than we had planned. After all the work and planning I did, Mom's comment was how much she loved the group picture. It has been a real treasure to her and me too. You make the world a better and brighter place where ever you are. I feel a real kinship to you and my hope is that we can create more memories together.
Love u 4 ever. Your cousin, Sandy
Alli, I remember you 3 in kindergarden and Stacy loved to be with you because there was 2 of you and you both loved her so much. I loved all the fun parties that you guys had, the dances, before "you can date" parties, halloweens, but the thing I remember most is the singing. I loved to listen to you and Amber sing. Stacy greatest memories are the music. Going on tour, concerts, Mr. Dresen and all of you girls that sang, it radiated the spirit. You were a blessing in her life and she considers you one of her best friends. I know as a mother that a child is only as good as her friends. You guys always hung tough and were all so good. I have so many pictures of you guys and you always had so much fun. Never forget the color crayons! What color were you anyway? That was the best ever!
I am really proud of you and your accomplishments, and I am excited about your internship! I love ya kiddo!
Sandy, I have always looked up to you and always wanted my family to be like yours. I heard lots of stories about your kids growing up and thinking that I wanted to have fun with my kids like that. My favorite was hearing about Jonathan and you saying, "Jonathan, not alot of fun". You have raise a wonderful family. you are beautiful inside and out. I love that we feel the same about family history. Jerry foud a thesus that someone wrote about Cornielous Peter Lott on the internet and ran it off. It is 160 pages, and it is so good. I will have to find out where it is or get you a copy. I had it bound in a book. i love that we belong to the same family and that we are the "only" girls in our families, that could make us like sisters! It does make us have lots in common! Thanks for your love and support through the years! Love ya!
Ok, So I know I am late at posting this :)
I remember staying the night at your house multiple times and just feeling the spirit in your home, I didn't realize it at the time, but I did know it just felt good! I also remember Nicole and I trying to let me stay the night on a school night and how excited we were, but plans were changed and I remember being sad but you let me pick some cookies out of your treat drawer- that helped :) I loved coming to your house and I was very dissapointed when you moved! If you were still in that house, you would be in the same ward as my parents now :)!!
I love reading your blog- you always see the good in everything and have helped me to try and do the same. You are so positve and uplifting.
Post a Comment