Our favorite You Tube Video is Charlie Bit my Finger. It has gotten to be the most used saying in our home. "OUCH CHARLIE" Yesterday I went to walmart and when I came out I noticed that there was no one at Community Care and I have been having problems with my sinus' so I ran over there to get an anti-biotic before I leave on the trek. I showed him a spot on my arm, and he said it needed to come off, so before I knew it I was in surgery. (Not really surgery, that is just what I told everyone.) He took a chunk out of my arm and will have to send it off the be checked. OUCH CHARLIE! If you haven't see this, click on! It is adorable.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUXRpjHxxD0
My mom is doing so much better. She was in horrible pain yesterday and so dad took her into the doctor and the bandage was way to tight. She is doing much better. Yesterday I took tomato mac soup into her, Donna and Joyce. Donna had thyroid surgery and Joyce had knee surgery.
It is not really soup weather, but after surgery, it might taste good. Here is the recipe. So good.
Laurie's Tomato Mac Soup
2 lbs hamburger
1 small onion chopped
Brown hamburger and onion. Drain off grease.
1- 16 oz bag baby carrots
5-6 stalks celery
2 TBSP chicken soup base (I use paste)
2 large cans tomato juice (I use my homemade tomato juice, yum)
2 juice cans water
Mix together chopped vegetables, juice, water, and soup base. Boil until tender. Add:
2 cups elbow macaroni, boil until they are done. (not soggy)
Mix hamburger mixture to veggies and add:
2 cans diced tomatoes.
Season with salt and pepper. Simmer until hot.
It is so good. A wonderful fall meal. And fall is coming.
The other day Nicole went to dinner with her friends. Holly posted this picture on her blog, so I stole it. I was looking at this picture and these are all MY girls!
They all ran around together in high school. The twins on the left are my friend from first grade's girls, then Holly, then Nicole and then Destiny is on the right and she is married to my cousin. They have all called me MOM! LOVE THEM!
Nicole had her last day of work last Friday, so she is doing art, so if you want pictures of your kids drawn, contact her. They make great Christmas Presents! She only has one month and then will be leaving for Utah.
5 More days to trek. Wow I can't believe it is here. Hope I make it!







1 comments:
No way!!! We seem to have something else in common. I thought our family was the only ones that watched "Ouch Charlie" over and over again. I guess between the two of us, we are raising the numbers up of how many times it's been viewed. LOL!
I hope the test on the spot on your arm comes back okay. Good thing the Doctor noticed it and got right on it. My daughters and I have had several spots removed over the years. Skin cancer runs in my family. Oops. I didn't mean to scare you. Sorry. Sometimes I don't think. I am sure you will be just fine.
I LOVE the soup recipe. You are such a great woman with all kinds of service acts under your sleeve. I bet all three women just loved the soup. It looks awesome. Can't wait to try. Glad to hear that the pain your mom was experiencing was just a bandage wrapped too tight. They say that it pretty common. I hope now she can rest and get better really soon.
I saw the picture of Holly and the "girls" on her site too. I am not surprised that they feel close enough to call you mom. That is So cool!
Post a Comment