I was in a spa store in Utah when I heard the news about a shooting at Fort Hood. Thirteen men down…. I felt sick. I found out today that one was from West Jordan, Utah. My parents recognized his name. It is the son of a neighbor that I grew up with. Nemelka’s lived about 1/2 of a mile from us. They were in my ward. We were all friends. My dad farmed their land. They had several boys. This man was one of their boys. Their Son. Their Grandson. I have been sick. Even though they moved away years ago, our family has great memories of them. My heart goes out to their family.
It is so hard to understand a tragedy like this. There are so many tragedy’s on the war front, but not likely to happen on American Soil. One act of violence affects so many lives.
To the Nemelka Family: You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Click Here to read the article
The community placed around 30 flags in the Nemelka’s yard.
And here to see tribute from his Uncle
Uplifting Quotes
"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley
"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo
"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo
. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker
GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye
LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams
The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams
..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye
"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis
"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman
"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo
"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer
7 comments:
So sad to hear that you knew one of the boys. THat must be hard. My heart goes out to all of them and their families. Love you Jude
It's been the front news of our papers even up here. It is SO hard to read. To understand. Why. Why. Why. So hard.
And then it's even harder when it's someone you are know or are connected too. And now I feel connected because you are connected.
I guess that is what this whole life is about.....
Feeling connected to one another. Learning what LOVE, EMPATHY, COMPASSION for one another TRULY means.
My heart and prayers go out to this family and to EVERY family who has been affected by this.
Thanks so much for sharing the links Judy!
Wow it's a small world isn't it! All those poor families. I heart goes out to all those families as well!
I saw this on the news... I didn't know anyone, but my heart goes out to the families who have lost loved ones.
Such a sad thing.
Good luck with the new calling! I am sure you love it and the girls with especially love having you in there!
I hate when service people are rude! Even if the food was good I probably wouldn't go back. :)
Love all the scrapbook pages! I love the M&M Costumes!
Oh Man.....:0( My heart seriously just goes out to all of the families. I can't imagine- especially just before the holidays. I will be praying for them....
Also- thanks for sharing the link on the picture. I also saw this on Lynn's blog- very moving and powerful!!
One more thing- LOVE your normalcy plaque- So funny- I need that in my home. Especially with all of these hormones goin' through me! LOL!!!
Oh that is SUCH a horrible thing to happen! My nephew is there. We were really worried because we couldn't get a hold of him. But, we are SO blessed that he was just on lock down and was able to call and tell his parents that he was o.k. later. I feel so bad for the family of the one's that were killed. It was senseless...
Post a Comment