I got lots of stuff swimming around in this head of mine. Gotta get some of it written down……you know……for posterity!
On Sunday we got released from the R.S. Presidency. Bawled like a baby. I have LOVED working with these girl friends of mine. I love them to pieces. Then just a few minutes later, through all the tears I was called to the 2nd counselor in the Y.W. I am so excited and we have the best girls in our ward. I love girls camp so I am so excited for that to come rollin’ around.
Sunday night we were just hanging out and the doorbell rang. It was Natalie and Kenzie, two of the girls in the YW. They brought me cookies and a sweet note welcoming me into YW! I was sooooo touched. I was seriously speechless…….that doesn’t happen very often. They are amazing!
A few weeks ago, JP had a spot they wanted to biopsy (skin) so we patiently waited for the results for that. We went in on Monday and found out it was OK. Thank goodnes.
Debbie (I worked with her in RS) came over and brought this. It explains her and my lives right now! So cute
I got my coasters that I won from here I LOVE them. They are beautiful. Thanks Livin’ Lousiana!
On Monday JP and I left for Utah. We headed to Provo to have dinner with Nicole. We went to a restaurant and we were headed to the rest room, and I saw this guy and thought…..Boy, does that guy look like my dad! I looked and it was my cousin, Craig. Wow! So fun to see them! (and he does look like my dad)
I took JP to the airport and have had 3 days with Nicole. Whoooo Hooooo! We blew up an air mattress in her little room and had so much fun. So fun to hang out with her!
We did tons of shopping, and made bead watches. Watched movies and ate. So dang much fun!
On Wednesday, we met my Aunt Bonnie and Sandy, My cousin for lunch. It was so fun to see them.
On Thursday I met Lisa Bearnson for Lunch. We went to the Zinn Bistro for lunch. She told me that it is a family owned business and all the kids work there. She told me that it is wonderful food but that the family is RUDE. Wow……were they RUDE, but it is is seriously in the top 3 meals of my life. The food was wonderful, but I have never been treated that RUDE at a restaurant. We laughed. We actually got kicked out, because it closes at 2. It was 2:30 and we ordered at 10 minutes to 2, so we had like 30 minutes to eat. We asked them to take our pictures, and they WOULDN’T! It was hilarious! Quite the experience. We thought about calling an complaining, but……they don’t care!
So…..we went to a nearby cemetery to talk, since we got kicked out of a Restaurant!!!!!! Fun to see her.
I am so thankful for the wonderful week I have had! :}
I am now waiting to pick JP up at the airport. Sure did miss the man!
“In Moroni we read that ‘without faith there cannot be any hope’ (Moroni 7:42). We must exercise faith to take on life’s challenges and changes. It is how we learn and progress.”
Steven E. Snow







8 comments:
Wow, what a fun week! I'm glad you had a good time. That's crazy about them being so rude at the restaurant. That always blows me away.
Congrats on the new calling!
Looks like you had a blast! So fun...
Holy! Fun and BUSY week!
Congrats on your new calling! I KNOW the YW are going to love you. Looks like they already do. : D
That "Normal" plaque is hilarious. So true!
I think it's funny you ran into your dad's cousin and thought he looked like your dad. Family is so fun and it looks like it was a fun filled week with family.
You will have to do a tutorial on how to make those bead watches on your blog for those of us Canadians who are just catching onto this CUTEST little trend ever!!!!
I am still laughing at you and Lisa going to a restaurant where Lisa KNOWS the family is rude. Wow! The food there must be THAT good! I guess that's why they continue to have no customer relations cause they know people will still come back for the food. LOL! Hilarious. I have never heard of such a thing. Too funny. And besides.....what kind of a restaurant closes at 2:30 pm????? Crazy.
Have a GREAT weekend!!!
Ahh! That Cole is SO cute! Glad you had a great time! Love the sign about normal! Lol. Sounds like you will have a great time in YW, you are perfect for the calling! They will LOVE you! :)
Wow! That must've been the BEST week ever!!
I'm so excited for you to be in YW! I loved being in YW. As far as I'm concerned, it was too short a time! And camp....best fun EVER!!
Looks like the Young Women are really excited to have YOU! I really hope to go back to YW sometime. I'm in Scouts right now and I didn't think I would like it much, but I absolutely LOVE it.
Glad you had so much fun with Nicole. I hope I can have the same kind of relationship with my girls that you do! It looks like you guys are best friends!
Just a sidenote:
Can you believe it's still in the 80's here?!!
I am so glad that you liked the coasters!!
That restaraunt will eventually lose their business. There are too many other places that will pick up on their cooking, and everybody will give them the boot!
What a fun week! Glad you had a great time. I wonder why they are so rude at that resturant! Crazy. Good luck in YW. I just got put in as assistant cub master...I know NOTHING about cub scouts! It should be interesting!
So fun to see you! Pictures of you and Cole are darling! Where is Zinn Bistro? I have to go there!
Love You
Post a Comment