CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Monday, December 28, 2009

My new “2010 WORD”

I’m so glad 2009 is coming to an end. Even though I learned some of life’s most challenging lessons, I am ready for 2010 to ring in. I know that most of you know that 1 year ago I was lying in bed, and heard someone say “It’s going to get really bad”  thus the 2009 word “SURVIVE.” (Still grateful for those Heavenly Angels that warned me and helped me through)

This has by far been the hardest time of my life. I miss my Father in Law, I have scars from scratching my hives, I worry every minute about my mom and my sweet hubby, But there has been more joy in my every day life, more peace knowing that My Heavenly Father and My Savior Jesus Christ are with me, more faith as I try to conquer my fears, and more love for my family and friends.  I have tried to look at my blessings instead of my trials. 

I got this email and I thought is was perfect:

Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room.

One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs.
His bed was next to the room's only window.
The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back.

The men talked for hours on end.

They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation..

Every afternoon, when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by  describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window.

The man in the other bed began to live for those one hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the world outside..

The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake.
Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every color and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance.

As the man by the window described all this in exquisite details, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine this picturesque scene.

One warm afternoon, the man by the window described a parade passing by.

Although the other man could not hear the band - he could see it in his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words.

Days, weeks and months passed.

One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep.
She was saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body away.

As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone.

Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the real world outside.
He strained to slowly turn to look out the window besides the bed.
It faced a blank wall.

The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this window.

The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall.

She said, 'Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you.'


Epilogue:
There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations.
Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled..
If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy.
'Today is a gift, that is why it is called "The Present!"

Soooooooo, Thanks for all of you that took my word challenge. I have tried so hard to decide. I am using 3 of the words, so my

2010 Word (words) is:

Thrive@Abundance.Sunshine

Special thanks to the 3 winners:

Lynn. This is what she wrote:

Abundance.
Abundance of blessings.
Abundance of joys.
Abundance of faith and testimony building experiences.
Abundance of family togetherness.
Abundance of time.
Abundance of health.
Abundance of friends.
Abundance of talents.
Abundance, Abundance, Abundance. ; D

(Love this)

Ellie.

Thrive

(leave me your email and some information about yourself and I will send your gift)

Holly. This is what she wrote:

I think you should use my FAVORITE word, SUNSHINE! Because what comes after the rain and storms? SUNSHINE! Your year this year has been full of your share of clouds, rain and storms, so this year I think you deserve to live on a beautiful island with lots of sunshine!
Love ya!
Holl

I will announce what you “win” at a later date…..

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this!

I am so excited to use my 3 precious words this upcoming year!

2 comments:

Dean

Oh! You are too cute! What a neat idea to put them all together. They certainly do fit. : D

Thanks for the reminder.....I need to post about my new 2010 word as well. I actually thought of it when I was coming up with ideas for yours.

Lynn (On Dean's lap top.....still out of town. The funeral was yesterday.)

Holly

I agree with Lynn, they do all fit! :) We all love you and hope that 2010 is your best year yet! You deserve it! So excited that now Stace has a blog too!!! :) Hooray! Happy New Year... I bet you've never been so ready to see a year go! ;) Love you guys!

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge