CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bleeding Hearts

One of my favorite plants is always been Bleeding Hearts.

DSCN0028 DSCN0031

I hate it when people are in pain. I hate to see them struggle with trials that are beyond what they can handle. I have one of those hearts that bleeds when I hear a friend is struggling, or hear of a fatal car accident, even if it is a stranger. I want to make it better. I want to help in ways I know I can’t. I struggle with all the worlds natural disasters and the devastation. It all gives me anxiety.

I am grateful for the Atonement. I have heard that moving is right up there with death and divorce. I believe in a way it is. I have gone through horrible morning. I morn my home, friends, ward and family. But I am enjoying my adventure. I have applied the Atonement in my life lots since February.

We have been house hunting like wild animals. We drove by one home and called our realtor. He said he was busy for a few days, but that we would look at it on Wednesday. When he called for the appointment, he learned that it had sold that morning.

He felt sooooooo bad. When we saw him again, he apologized.  I just looked at him and said “It’s ok…..last night I prayed that the Lord would direct our path and help us find where we are to be. It wasn’t right.” It’s nice to put your life in HIS hands and then let him direct your path.

But with it all comes ANXIETY. THE REAL BAD KIND.

He have had so much fun with the Steiners. Stacy and I have been working on projects. I got a wild idea about making a quilt of BRIGHT YELLOWS GREENS ORANGES REDS BLUES AND PINKS. I have never done one on my own, so it has been a challenge, and it is gonna be beautiful. It will be the bed spread for my guest room. DSCN0007

I am so stinking excited. Stacy has been making a shutterfly book of her first year of school. It is gonna be priceless. She wants to work on her wedding album this summer and I wanna do some scrappin to.

Cole came over on her day off and we decided to lay by the pool. It was cold and only lasted 3 minutes! :}

DSCN0008

We drove to IF on Friday. It was 47 degrees when we drove in. Had to crank up the heater. JP had to do lots of stuff around the house. Fix the lawn mower tire, fix the sprinklers, clean the grill so we can take it to SL.

DSCN0017

We went to lunch with Ryan and Syd. Oh my gosh. I love these two. They are perfect together and she is my favorite DIL! :} We ate down by the falls and I can’t believe how full the river is.

DSCN0011

I always look forward to the first BBQ of the season. I love to light the match and hear the grill go……whoooooosh! I love the smell and the taste. I love summertime foods.

DSCN0020 DSCN0021 DSCN0023 IMG_5353

Rockwoods came over and brought a rhubarb pie. It is the best pie in the world!

IMG_5356  Oh and do you remember my grand dog Lucy……

DSCN0024

Ya gotta love that tongue.

8 comments:

Shannon Dooley

Yum! Pie! I love the sound of a grill starting up too. Aren't summers just the best?! (even if we haven't had much of one this year.) Your strength is an inspiration. I just love you Mom. Sounds like you've got lots of projects to keep you busy. Thanks for the update. Loves!

Stacy

I know that movie has been so hard for you but I want you to know that it has been such a blessing for me. It was hard for me to move to Utah and have no family. We love having you here- not just cause you cook for us a lot!!! We appreciate all you do for us and love you so much. This will be the best summer ever!

Natalie♥

Judy I always love reading your blog posts!!! You are so fun :) We need to come see you soon.

Unknown

If I could I would reach in the screen, pick up that steak with my bare hands, and bite into it. That looks so good! I love the sound of the grill too. It's the sound of the beginning of Summer. I'm excited for your bright quilt you're making! Tyson's grandma made one with similar colors for us for our wedding and we love that thing. And the Stacy Pasley blanket is still going strong in Brycen's crib! When we went to New York we sent that with Brycen to our parents' houses. The nights it wasn't used were long nights...until he got the Stacy Pasley blanket back ha ha. Who knew she would play such a large role in my child's life!! Love that girl.

Sandy Layne

Fun post! Looks like you're having a great time. Hope you're able to find a house soon. Love You

Lynn

MMMMM.......got any more steak or pie??!!! I could eat it all right now. lol. Stress will do that to you. Thanks VERY much for your thoughts on stress at the beginning of this post and how it's MUCH better to just leave it all in the Lord's hands. Why do I keep on forgetting that? ; D

Kate

I love your post! I hope you know how much you are loved and I cant wait for Kolby to meet his Aunt Judy!

Christal

Love reading your posts and thoughts and adventures in life you are amazing! and that pie looks pretty amazing too! Hope your having a great week!

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge