CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

When I was a kid…….

60s70s80s_BLACKlogo Life has changed so much since the 60’s and 70’s. Yip. Those were the good ole days.

When I was a kid….

Tractors ruled the roads.

We swam in the canals and laid on the road to get warm.

Dr. Pepper and Doritos were my favorite.

172833817_aa272fecca 3216534202_bac3fb8b35

We played kick the can till way after dark.

I worked at the store in Ucon for $1.25 and hour…checking groceries and pumping gas.

We had Sting Rays!

used_bicycles_1970s_Schwinn_Fairlady_3_Spd

And a yellow 10 speed

10

We rode our bikes to Idaho Falls. About 7ish miles.

We played outside and never thought about being kidnapped.

I drove the pickup to feed the cows when I was 6, the tractor when we loaded hay and the grain truck when I was 14ish.

We made a village out of our garden spot for our Tonka trucks.

We made jumps and tracks for our bikes.

I rode my bike EVERYWHERE!

We didn’t have cell phones, internet, or computers.

Camera’s had FILM and it took a week to develop them!!!!

I was a tom boy……

I loved to play dolls or trucks, dress up girly or go ride bikes, go shopping or swim at the swimming hole!

We raised cows, chickens, grain, potatoes and hay on our farm.

We had 3 TV channels….3-6 and 8….No VCR’s. (at midnight all the channels shut off….we called it the bug races)

Cartoons were only on on Saturday mornings.

full logo sat70s12 Yogi-Bear-show-081

We went to Sunday School in the mornings, Sacrament in the evenings, Mutual on Tuesdays and Primary on Wednesdays after school.

Clackers were the in thing. {kinds like glass balls on a string)

imagesCA5CGADR

clackers-toy-Banned-Single

I had a ventriloquist doll named Willy.

 horsman-ventriloquist-dummy-doll-willie-talk-1972_230605180322

I was good at ping pong.

I twirled the baton and was on a competitive team.

I took piano lessons and hated every minute of it.

We had a club…The Merry Mod Maidens….in my garage. NO BOYS ALLOWD!

I had over 30 boyfriends in 6th grade.

There was no mall. We shopped downtown. (I was really young)

Mini skirts were in, then midi shirts, then maxi skirts. I remember them all.1960s-go-go-fancy-dress

I loved to eat bread, butter and sugar.

I had my own record player and loved to go buy single records.

7

We would wait for hours listening to the radio and when our favorite song came on we would push “record” on my little tape recorder. (then be real quiet)

business_00006_panasonic_rq_tapeWhen we had thunderstorms, I would sneak in bed between my brothers.

I ate these favorite candies

6591h_Sweet-Nostalgia 650579820_c27c2cbf53 razzles

I played with these toys

Baby Tender Love

MBTLBfl question-about-barbie-styling-head-21326100

Barbie Custom Camper and wardrobe

vintage-barbie-country-camper-with-accessories-1971_280562787897 vintage-barbie-doll-case-clothes-dolls-1960s-full_160561783204

mkidcaseOwish9

Gave these Valentines

free-vintage-valentine-card-two-kids-head-over-heels_(1)

Made doll clothes with this pattern

il_fullxfull_183175476

We watched them first walk on the moon

 1960s_1

Disco and Saturday Night Fever

5

  1970

 

FEA LVtravolta 

I loved Holly Hobby

Holly-Hobbie-1970s-Vintage-Lunch-Box-lunch-boxes-2713845-683-660

What I ate for breakfast

 

rice-krispies-1960s

Phones had cords

STP1960RRed 

My first car

11   6

And we all wanted to marry Donny Osmond

osmond-plaid

Oh yea baby…those  were the good old days!

11 comments:

Anonymous

Sounds like we would have been really good friends as kids! I also rode my bike everywhere and swam in the nasty canal and warmed up on the hot road. Then I would have to go home and shower because I would have at least one leech somewhere on my body. How I was once okay with that still baffles me beyond belief!

Wendy

Don't forget Merry Mod Maidens....no boys allowed. :)

Be Happy, Go Lucky
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous

I remember riding in your new Honda to Salt Lake, Judy! Now we both live here. We had such fun and I thought you were so brave to drive on the freeway and in the traffic. That was one of the most fun times I had in high school. It was such a big adventure. Thanks for writing this fun post! Ralene

Anonymous

oh my gosh...these sound like me too. I remember your bike and the car too. LOL Love you

Anonymous

Opps! That last one was from me. Judy B.

Kate

I want to be little again! Things have changed alot I remember laying on the cement to get warm and swimming the canal...Im with you syd...NASTY:)

Ann

That hits too close to home. Brought back a lot of good OLD memories. Those were the days!

Christal

Love this post lots of these are similar for me too but I'm a 70'/80's kid crazy how things change eh! I might have to do a post like this this was so fun to read!

Lynn

What a FUN FUN post!! Loved this. I totally forgot about half that stuff, till you brought it up. How could I forget. Those were TOTALLY the good old days.

P.S. We had a very bright YELLOW rotary dial phone. lol.

Anonymous

Hi, guantanamera121212

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge