CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Spring Flooding

All around us there is a threat of flooding. Caution tape divides the dangerous creek areas from the safe upper ground. Sand bags are filled and ready to go. Utah residents in low lying areas are watching the melting of the snow pack. There is hopes that the flooding in 1983 doesn’t reoccur.

top-image-1305

During memorial weekend in 1983 the temperatures reached  the 90’s and the flooding made a river out of State Street.

There was a flood in my life. Well a flood of tears. Corny I know. But for my posterity I want to make sure I get the details.

Sunday JP was released from Bishop. Being released is a normal thing. A Bishop in our church usually serves for 5 years. He has been serving 4. But he got released because we moved to Utah. Ok, my heart overflowed. Big Time. They asked me to speak for a few minutes. When I stood up to walk up there I thought I would pass out. I got up and overlooked those familiar faces and lost it. It was nice to be able to tell them how I feel about them, but one of the most difficult things I have had to do. My little speech consisted of.

1. My love for JP’s mom. He is who he is because of his mom. He has her tender heart.

2. My appreciation for what my parents have taught me. They have taught me to serve and to find the good in others.

3. The love I have for my family.

4. My appreciation for his counselors.

5. My appreciation for the ward when they helped us through cancer.

6. That the love I have for this ward is about as close to Celestial love that you can get here on earth! :}

I told the story about Abany. She was 4 at the time. Her mom asked her to take the tithing up to the front of the chapel and give it to the Bishop. She came back and her mom asked her if she gave it to the Bishop. She said “no, but I gave it to the other Prophet”  It was so cute and I will never forget it.

It was a bitter sweet day. A relief in some ways, but so hard in so many other ways.

IMG_2723 IMG_2729 IMG_2730 IMG_2733

So…as you can imagine, my heart is a flowing over!!!! I am so grateful for the opportunity we had to get to know the wonderful people of the Sage Creek Ward.

My heart can’t even imagine loving a ward more.

Monday  was JP’s 6 month checkup at Huntsman. Only a 25 minute drive for us :}

It went well and they said he doesn't  have to come back for 1 year…..again, heart…overflowin”

This is JP walking away for [ONE] year. Whooooo double hooooo!

DSCN0426

Derek had to go out of town for 5 days, so he told Stacy she could go to Idaho with us. What a blessing that was to have her there. She is such an angel in my life. It meant the world to have her there and to have a Saturday with her. We have hung out every night and he will be home Friday. We will all be glad to see him. Yea, we have missed him.

We have been combing the Salt Lake/Utah Counties   for a home. I will be really [and I mean REALLY] glad to find a permanent home, and a permanent ward.

But as for our ADVENTURE. Each day I learn something new. Some good, some bad and some for sure THE HARD WAY!

4 comments:

Lynn

WOw. Flooding can be so scary and freaky, especially when you see pictures of places you've been before where there was no water, but now there is.

So glad you all had a great Easter weekend! Looks like it was a whole lot of fun. Sorry about the hard time saying good bye to all those in your former ward.....but what a testament it is to how good a ward it has been for you. Cool!

Congrats to JP for another FREE year! Whoo hoo!

Natalie

Such great news about JP.
Hope you find a house soon and I really hope we don't get flooding!

Holly

yay for dad! That is great news. You've touched so many lives everywhere you go, and now you will in UT too. You are an amazing family!

Neal and Angie

Wow. So great for JP! You're little family is amazing and has touched so many lives! Mine and my family's included. You'll be touching many others in your new adventure in Utah now!

Hoping you don't get the flooding like they did back in the 80's!

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge