So it didn’t end. We are all still here. Still alive, having to cope with life. Kinda funny.
According to a California Preacher the world would end at 5:59 Eastern Standard Time. So at 3:00 Mountain Standard Time we decided to get one of these:
Like….what would it hurt? right? And it’s only a regular…….
We joked about it all day. Trying to think what we would do if we only had a few hours, but it made me so grateful of the knowledge I have and the peace it gives me.
It gives me peace that we have a Prophet of God on this earth that we can follow. He leads and guides us.
In D&C 49:7 it says:
I, the Lord God, have spoken it; but the hour and the day no man knoweth, neither the angels in heaven, nor shall they know until he comes.
We know he will come. We know it it close. But we also know that no one can predict the exact hour or minute. We listen to our Prophet, and we are taught to be prepared. That’s it. Live, love, serve, obey and prepare. It’s as simple as that. I love this:
[Quotes italicized]
From the Life of Wilford Woodruff
In a general conference address in April 1950, Elder Richard L. Evans of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles said: “I recall a reported statement, attributed, as I remember it, to President Wilford Woodruff. Some of the brethren of his time are said to have approached him … and to have inquired of him as to when he felt the end would be—when would be the coming of the Master? These, I think, are not his exact words, but they convey the spirit of his reported reply: ‘I would live as if it were to be tomorrow—but I am still planting cherry trees!’”
Although these may not have been President Woodruff’s exact words, they do reflect his feelings about the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. He acknowledged: “I do not think anyone can tell the hour of the coming of the Son of Man. … We need not look for the time of that event to be made known.” however, he looked forward to the Savior’s return to reign on the earth. With a testimony that the Church had been established in the last days, he taught the Saints with great urgency, exhorting them to prepare for the Savior’s Second Coming. “The signs in both heaven and earth all indicate the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ,” he said. “When my mind, under the influence of the Spirit of God, is open to comprehend these things I many times marvel and wonder, not only at the world but also at ourselves, that we are not more anxious and diligent in preparing ourselves and our families for the events now at our doors, for though the heavens and the earth pass away, not one jot or tittle of the word of the Lord will go unfulfilled.”
Have I told you how grateful I am to have this knowledge?. Have I told you that I believe the gospel of Jesus Christ is restored on the earth?. Have I told you that I believe if we are prepared we will not fear? (or have some peace)
As all the natural disasters unfold before our eyes, we see the what the Prophets of Old prophesied in the scriptures. We know this is part of the plan and even though it is so scary, we believe it to be the Last Days.
We are told:
We can expect earthquakes, disease, famines, great storms, lightnings, and thunder (see Matthew 24:7; D&C 88:90). Hailstorms will destroy the crops of the earth (see D&C 29:16).
Many of these signs are being fulfilled. Wickedness is everywhere. Nations are constantly at war. Earthquakes and other calamities are occurring. Many people now suffer from devastating storms, drought, hunger, and diseases. We can be certain that these calamities will become more severe before the Lord comes.
However, not all the events preceding the Second Coming are dreadful. Many of them bring joy to the world.
The Lord said, “Light shall break forth among them that sit in darkness, and it shall be the fulness of my gospel” (D&C 45:28). Prophets of old foretold the Restoration of the gospel. The Apostle John saw that the gospel would be restored by an angel (see Revelation 14:6–7). In fulfillment of this prophecy, the angel Moroni and other heavenly visitors brought the gospel of Jesus Christ to Joseph Smith.
And through this we received the Book of Mormon. Another Testament of Jesus Christ.
I am grateful. Grateful for another day. Another Chance. Grateful that I have some sort of peace in a crazy world.
But what I am grateful for the most.
I can live like the second coming is tomorrow, but I can plant a cherry tree! :}







5 comments:
AMEN JUDY!!!! GREAT THOUGHTS! LUV U
Oh I LOVE THIS!! How comforting these words are. Thank you. So true. I should of planted a cherry tree instead of that apple tree in my yard. But it still counts, right? I will think of this post each time Curtis and I take our picture under that tree for Mother's Day.
I am drooling over whatever IT is that you all are having there. It looks cool, thick, and refreshing. What are those?
love that thought!!! Those shakes look GOOD too!
Yummy! Those were delicious! I am so glad that you moved here. It is such a blessing to have you so close. We love you so much!
LOVE THIS every bit of it so so true! What an awesome post! We'll be planting plenty of "cherry" trees this summer! Have a great week!
Post a Comment