CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Clicking on the X

I have got on several times to post. Each time I stare at the screen and then click on the X. I don’t know why. I have had several different emotions swim through my head. It has been emotional. It has been 1 year (MEMORIAL WEEKEND SUNDAY) since my mom had her aneurysm. I am so surprised how the mind works and rushes your heart to those emotions.

Also, we had a wonderful woman in our community pass away suddenly. Two of her kids are in my ward. I didn’t know her well, but I know her through her amazing kids. My heart aches for them. Her husband was our last Stake President. Amazing people. Such examples.

This past week I…….. 

Went to lunch with friends. (and family) I can’t believe how much I am buoyed up by these girls. Just so fun to go catch up on their lives!

DSCN9509

 

My Brother owns the theater in IF. He is soooooooo busy. Like crazy busy, yet he let us bring all of our youth to the theater for a tour and popcorn and a movie. The kids loved it. Kent explained the projector and then bore his testimony about the importance of tithing. He is amazing and I am so proud. Love him!

IMG_2456

You know the tree that JP cut down last week? Well the stump was pulled out this week and it created a very interesting conversation in our home.

When the tree was planted, the roots didn’t grow down and out. One side grew around itself. When the wind would blow the tree would sway. Very dangerous. I know that I had to see this. It was very sad to loose the tree, but better that it came down and ended up on our home or a car as it drove down the lane.  When the backhoe driver pulled it out he said it is the easiest one he has ever done. He said that some take hours and hours to cut and pull out. One tug and it was out.

Scary!

This is so much like our lives. Are we planted strong in the gospel to the point that no matter what winds come into our lives we can stand?  Do our roots weave around to the point that we can’t stand strong? I’m not so sure about my roots, But I do know one thing…..I will do whatever I can to strengthen my roots or I will not be able to stand during the adversities in my life.

DSCN9512

DSCN9513  DSCN9515 DSCN9516  DSCN9518  See how the roots are small and don’t go out (or deep into the ground)……. Not a good thing.DSCN9520 DSCN9519

 

DSCN9521 DSCN9522

Our crab apple tree is absolutely beautiful. Last year it got froze so it didn’t bloom, so I just look at it every day.

IMG_2435  IMG_2441 IMG_2454IMG_2440

IMG_2524 IMG_2528IMG_2533 IMG_2529

It was the final week of all our shows. This was my picture of the day for Wednesday…….

5-26

And Cole came for for a few days for a doctor appointment. She got a second opinion for her sinus’. She is gonna try a new med and then they will check em again to see if she needs surgery. As for the thingys in her neck, we are watching and waiting!

It has been since Jp’s birthday in January since these 2 have seen each other……that should be against the law!

5-27  I hope every one has a marvelous Memorial Day. I am grateful for what this represents.

7 comments:

Lynn

Oh Judy. I sensed that you were sitting at your computer and just reading blogs but not posting. I really did. Sure wished I lived closer.

I think I should go and see your brother at his movie theatre too. That guy sounds like a lot of fun!

Your tree analogy is AWESOME! Thanks for comparing it to our roots. So true. Sure gives me something to think about. Especially these days.

Thanks so much for your love and support. I don't know what I'd do without you. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Dooley

Your crab apple tree pictures are gorgeous! I do love this time of year!

You are so clever with your root/faith example. So cool!

I had forgotten that your brother owns the theatres. We have boycotted Edwards (aside from Twilight of course;) so it makes it extra nice that everytime we do go to a movie we are supporting him.

Hugs to you Mom! I hope your memorial day is fabulous.

Shannon Dooley

Whoops! That comment from Jared was really from me. I didn't realize he was signed in.

Unknown

Those crab apple trees are so pretty! I loved the tree my mom had on Michelle St. So pretty. That must be Scott's mom you're referring to in this post. Kristi is Tyson's cousin. That sure has been rough. Especially having her baby the next day. They're such a great family!

Amber

I loved your tree analogy. That was so great. I love your posts so don't ever clikc that x again! I loved our crab apple tree on Michelle st, it was so pretty. Love you Judy!

Kim Rose

You are such an amazing lady. I admire you and am strengthened by your testimony. THANK YOU!
Memorial Day was so difficult for me. So many graves to visit. Still in shock over my Mom.
We will make it though... right?
HUGS!

Amber

Just wanted to give you a quick thank you for all you did for my family during our hard time. The posters ou made were incredile an touched the entire family! You're amazing...thank you!

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge