CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Thursday, February 4, 2010

27?

Many, many moons ago I received a phone call. It was very difficult to hear. My doctor told me that the test results proved that there was a 0 to 2 percent chance I would ever get pregnant. It was a very hard time for me…..my childhood dream was to be a mom.  We did the infertility stuff, hoping and praying.

It was the spring of 1982. We had decided to wait till fall to go in to pursue some options. I was on clomid and we would take it once more and then try to have a fun summer.

One day, I had a pregnancy test, thinking ….. just maybe……. I will never for get it. Phone rings, “it’s Positive”  (this was before home prego tests!)

I was supposed to get picked up by Lori and Sherisse for an exercise class, and when they pulled up and honked, I ran out on my front porch screaming (in my jammies)! I’m gonna have a baby.!

It was one of the happiest days of my life.  Today that sweet little girl is 27. She has been such a joy to me. She is an amazingly talented girl.

Happy Birthday Janatte Nicole!

So today we met Katie and Holly at Olive Garden. So fun to have my girls all together again. These girls had so much fun in high school and they were like my own!

DSCN9734 DSCN9735  DSCN9737  DSCN9739 

Then we went to Jakers for dinner with Jerry, Stacy and Derek

  DSCN9742   DSCN9745  DSCN9747DSCN9740 

Then opened some gifts, and ate rhubarb desert, (Holly’s recipe)

DSCN9749  DSCN9751 DSCN9752   DSCN9755

What a fun day. Cole is such a great example to me. I love her with all my heart. I am grateful that I was chosen to be her mom!

Happy 27th Cole!

7 comments:

Sandy Layne

Happy Birthday beautiful girl! Looks like you had a great 27th! Hope you have many more.

Kate Call

oh i just love that sweet cole! it was SO SO great to see you, holl, and cole today.. friendships i will cherish ALWAYS! love you :)

CASSIE

*Tear*
What a great tribute... Beautiful & Touching... It really hit close to home :')

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Unknown

Happy birthday to Nicole! Looks like such a fun birthday!

Holly

What a fun day! Sure love our BO! Thanks for the fun lunch date! I'm with Kate... friendships to always treasure! Cole is beautiful!!

Lynn

HA HA. I can totally see you running our in your jammies. That was an AWESOME story. Loved it.
WOw! 27 years.....time flies SO fast.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Cole!! P.S. Love her name. I did not know she went by her middle name. Very cool. Me too. ; )

Natalie♥

Happy Birthday Cole, love ya!!!

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge