CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Thursday, June 11, 2009

:) WADAYA KNOW........OR THINK THURSDAY

The Human Body

I want you to do en experiment. It will make you appreciate your body and how it works even more. Stand on the floor with your feet together. Close your eyes. Relax. Now think of the muscles in your legs that your brain is telling to flex to keep you standing up, It is amazing that you don't have to think about WHICH MUSCLES to flex to keep you off the floor.
The balance center in our brains tells the muscles and our muscles flex according to which way the body is falling.
This is the area in my mom's brain that is affected by her aneurysm. Because of this, all those muscles will have to be re-trained. She is really struggling with dizziness and so she gets sick to her stomach. Her hand-eye coordination is really affected. She gets really sick if she has to focus on something and move her eyes and hands at the same time. It is so hard for our family to watch. Please keep her in your prayers. It will be a long process, but they think it will get better. She never complains. Yesterday she told me "This is awful" but that is the extent of her complaining. I know she is soooo frustrated.

And.....tomorrow we are back to Salt Lake to Huntsman. They are going to have to determine what to do with the fluid in JP's abdomen. It is the pitts!!!! It will be nice to get some answers. We have been really frustrated. I think Stacy is going to go and Cole has tomorrow off so I will get some much needed family time!!!!

We have had so much sadness around us. We have a Sister in our ward that was diagnosed with cancer and one of my BFF's father in law passed away Monday.

But we've had some happiness too! Two Sisters in our ward are going through the temple this week!!!!!

And may I say that my DAD is my hero. He is so worried and good to my Mother!!!! They love each other so much. It is amazing to watch.

So WADAYA THINK about our miraculous brains. I know that I've been including this miracle in my prayers!!!!

7 comments:

Chelsi

I can't even comprehend how amazing the brain really is... incredible! Like you said, it will take time, but I think your mom will progress quicker than most because of her positive attitude. We all could use a little more of that in our lives. Hope all goes well tomorrow. Drive safe!

Holly

It is a miracle really isn't it?! Tell Cole hello for me! Hope you get good news and some answers!! :)

Lynn

This is SO true about the miracle of our brains Judy! And about how are bodies are designed to work. I am in awe of the Lord's creations of our bodies more and more since my sister (heart attack and brain aneurisms surgeries), my brother (brain infection...retraining his hand to do what his brain is trying to tell him), and my dad's 7 aneurysms (1 surgery to try to correct half of them so far...).

My dad is still waiting for the other surgery to correct the other ticking time bombs....they have to wait until his body grows it's own blood vessels back to replace the ones that were cut off for the first surgery. That's right.....regrows.

When you look at my sister's before and after heart surgery x-rays....it just blows my mind. There are vessels there pumping blood where there were NO vessels before. Her body grew them to accommodate for the ones that were not doing their job! AMAZING!

I will keep your mom in my prayers. It does take time....but before she knows it....she will be walking, talking and doing things like she did before. She can do this. I know she can. She is like her daughter.. *wink*

Unknown

It really is amazing how much we rely on brain function. I know your mom is going to be able to get through this. It definitely will be a long road to recovery, but she can do it!

Sandy Layne

I'VE SEEN MIRACLES WITH OUR GRANDSON'S BRAIN AND MY FRIEND. THAE BRAIN CAN HEAL!!!! GOOD LUCK TODAY A HUNTSMANS. YOU'RE IN OUR PRAYERS
!
LOVE YOU

The Cooks

Thank you for this example, it helps me realize how much I take for granted the little things that we are physically blessed with until something happens. I hope your Mom continues to keep her spirits up and I'm glad to hear of her amazing recovery thus far.

I hope your trip to SLC goes well too. Your family is always in my prayers.

Carma

The human body...especially the brain...is an amazing creation! And I FINALLY Went to the hospital and saw/met your mom and Ingrid. Your mom is doing great - and good thing I finally went to see her because she will be going home soon! Hope your trip to SLC is a success and you get some good answers. Your still in my prayers!

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge