CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Angels

On of my all time favorite songs is ANGELS AMONG US by Alabama. I have always love the words and they have been comfort to me many times in my life. (it is on my playlist.)

I want to explain some angels to you.


Jerry. He is the most wonderful husband in the world. He is my example of strength and dedication. He is always so worried about me and the kids. I can't believe his courage through all of this. He is faced with cancer, yet he prays for serves his family and the people in our ward. He has been kind and appreciative to me through all of this.

My kids. I'm sure your thinking blah blah blah, but I have watched them raise up to a new level this year. They have had to be there for us. The day mom had her stroke, Ryan and Syd stayed here and took care of Jerry when he was so sick. Ryan gave his dad a blessing that day, and stayed with him until 10:00 that night. Stacy went to the hospital with me and was there for me. I'm sure she was worried about me, cause she watched me unravel before her eyes. I was a wreck and she was there for ME hugging me and holding me while I sobbed. Cole is a quiet strenght to me. She is a rock, and came home that week and was with us for 7 days. It was such a blessing to have her home.

Friends.....may I say that Heavenly Father blessed me with many. Some old. Some new. EVERY day I have recieved a call, text, comment or email. It has lightened my load and lifted my spirits.
We have the best neighbors, and ward. So many of MY friends have gone in to see mom.
Debbie Walker brought a basket for mom last night of hair supplies. (supplies for her new SHORT hair cut) Mom will love it and I can't wait to take it up today!!!!! What a sweety!!!!!





Maddi made this card. Her 13th Birthday was yesterday Love her!
Family.... Our Parents and my Bros and their wives! Love them and also Jerry's family. My dad has been so good to mom through all of this, and he has been such a strength to me. And of course, my mom is an angel!

Blogland. I have old friends and new friends that I have never met face to face who love and support me. I have friends that comment on EVERY post I make. It is like having best friends with me EVERY second. I can read these wonderful words and feel that I can make it through anything! Thanks guys!


And REAL angels. I have thought about sharing this for a long time. I think it will help explain things to you. Back on December 28, 2008 I was lying in bed. I was in my room alone and I heard someone say: "It is going to get really bad." I looked around and no one was there, but I felt peace. It was then that I picked my 2009 word SURVIVE! Two days later my older brother was trampled by a cow and my Aunt Gem had a stroke and passed away the next week. And you know the rest of the story. Why am I sharing this? Because this is what has carried me through. I am so grateful to know that I am loved enough that someone from the other side would come warn me. Prepare me. It has been such a blessing to me cause I know I AM NOT ALONE. I have felt the comforter so strong and I have also felt these wonderful angels in my life. I can't wait for the day that I can personally thank them. It is a testimony to me of Guardian Angels!!!!! When I think of all of this...I just SMILE!

12 comments:

sandy

You make me cry every day. I am so grateful I have you to help me keep my seemly easy life in check. You make me realize every time I read your post how fortunate I am. My life seems so easy, (and I want to keep it that way). I have had hard times and trials, but you have set a new record for hard times and trials, and how well you come through it. That is the test. How well we endure. I saw you today and wanted to hug you but then something else happened and I missed you. Have a Beautiful Sunday.

Unknown

What a great post! I am glad to hear that things are looking ok right now! :) Keep strong, and thank you for being an inspiration for all of us!

Morrows

Judy, I am so glad that things are going well for you guys! I haven't checked blogs in a few days so I missed the one about the card for your mom and I apologize. But I do hope that your mom continues to do better everyday! Thanks for all your wonderful posts. You are an inspiration to all of us!!

Julia

Hi Judy! I loved this post! It is so beautiful...
Angels Among Us is one of my favs for songs too. And it's true, there are many around us that are true angels.
I was in CA for my new DIL bridal shower and was unable to write something for your mom. Is it too late? I would love to do that if it's not.

Sandy Layne

What a sweet and beautiful expression of truth! I too know there are those from the other side assisting us through our trials. You have an open heart and mind to them and it has lightened your load. We do have angels all around us seen and unseen and you are one of them. Thank you for the inspiration you are in my life. I will always remember this hard time in your life and how you so gracefully handled yourself. I hope your Mom is doing good and can come home soon. Oh my - you have had a hard year. Bless you you sweet thing!.
Love You!

Lynn

Wow! I did not know that about your brother and your aunt. Your story just gave me the goosebumps.
I wondered why you picked that word for 2009....I just thought it was a complete fluke that you did before all of this happen with Jerry.
Someone TRULY is watching over you. Thanks for sharing that story. And love this song you have now on your blog.....I am listening to it over and over again as I type out my LATE Sunday post.

Natalie♥

Judy I have missed so much on your blog lately! I am so glad your Mom is so doing well. I feel bad she still has two weeks in the hospital that is hard. She is such a good person I just love her. She has always been so kind and sweet to me. I pray that she will continue to get better. How are you doing? I just love ya and hope that there are better days ahead.

Chelsi

Judy you are so great! I love reading each one of your posts and reflecting... Thanks for sharing so many great thoughts with us.

Christal

I love the song angels among us its so true its those people that get us through the tough times. You have such an awesome support network you have needed it though so much with all your family has been going through you are an ANGEL to us though!! How great that you could go to angie's luncheon they are so strong and such examples too! What a great post this is hope you mom is doing alot better. You are inspiring!!!

Unknown

So many angels in your life! That is a wonderful feeling. I love that gift your mom received for her hair. That was so sweet and such a cute idea! And I have to agree about your kids, they are so amazing. Just talking to Stacy on Saturday about everything that has been going on I just kept thinking about how strong she is and such a great example. I just love your family!

Natalie

I love this post about Angels. I am glad to hear that your family is all doing a little better. Hope you continue to stay strong through this!

angelalynn

Thanks for your inspiration! I had a similar experience in january that has prepared me for this summer. Thanks for your strength. You are an angel here on earth.

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge