CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Compassion

I wanna talk about the part in the book about COMPASSION!
I Have hoped and prayed that through all the stuff in my life that the one thing important for me to learn is compassion. Sometimes when our lives are good, we fail to have empathy or compassion. We get busy and caught up in in OUR stuff. I know I do.
Yesterday we had a presidency meeting. I am so lucky to work with these great SISTAS!
They are the best. We stopped by a family in our ward that was moving in. We asked if we could bring them dinner. We went and got sandwiches, veggies, chips and cookies and went back 3 hours later with their dinner in tow. When we went in, we learned that after we left the first time, she had learned that her Father In Law had died in a tractor accident. They had to leave their un-boxed home and fly to arrange the funeral. I was heartsick. I know that because of what I have gone through with mom, that I had empathy. I could actually kinda put myself in her shoes, and although my outcome was somewhat better, I had compassion. She has been in my prayers.
I got on my blog tonight and this is what I read: Hi, I know you don't know me, but I'm Jonna from Get Off Your Butt and Bake. I just wanted to send my love your way, and to your Mom. I too know how you are feeling right now, as I have a Dad who has been dealing with cancer very recently, and just Monday, he suffered a severe heart attack, and is now back in the hospital trying to recover from that. Prayer, hope, faith & fasting are what gets us through. I will also keep your family in my prayers. Love, Jonna
It is so good to know that so many care enough to take the time to write. It is good to know that she understands. Thanks tons Jonna!!!!

Was able to kinda do some catching up today in my house. I got so far behind, and had to set out a quest to find the smell. LOL Just kidding really! But it does feel good to do some heavy duty cleaning.
We are pretty dang frustrated with the Radiology at Huntsman. Last Friday we went to Huntsman and they told us that radiology would call with an appointment for this procedure that they are supposed to do....well, almost 1 week later, nothing. I guess if they had extra fluid in their abdomen, maybe they would HURRY!!!!!!

Ok my TOTD
LIVE IT.... The happiest people in this world are those who love their neighbors as themselves and manifest their appreciation of God's blessings by their conduct in life. George Albert Smith.

And I love Lynn's thought of the day!
"Trials and hardships are mandatory... Misery is optional"
-Author Unknown
I am grateful that I have chosen not the be miserable!
And Happy Birthday Judy Brammer, my sweet friend!

4 comments:

Lynn

Wow! I read Jonna's cooking blog all the time. I love it! I see her big smiling happy face and I would NEVER know what she is going through. It just goes show me that we NEVER know what others are going through around us. It's good to have compassion in our hearts, so that at a moments notice our spirit can whisper to us that someone needs something at a moment's notice.

Love that you were there for that women who just lost her father in law. You were there at a moment's notice when she needed support (and supper). How comforting.

I love that about you. You are comforting. Thanks for an AWESOME post.

Jonna

Well..you guys just made my day a little brighter today! I am enjoying reading those uplifting messages that you write so eloquently on your blog. I'm also LDS, and we can draw much peace and reassurance from just that alone. I hope today will be a better day for your Mom and My Dad. It seems that there is much pain and saddness for all of us right now. My husband has a sister that is just 42, and has also been suffering with Colon Cancer, that has now spread to her liver and stomach, and she has been told that there is nothing else that can be done. The chemo has only slowed it, but she is now trying to prepare her children, and get things in order. After talking with her recently, she seems so strong. She said..."I can watch my family better from heaven, than I probably can on this earth!" The lord certainly gives them strength when they need it, and we just have to have the courage to draw on that. Even though it seems to be raining again.... I hope your day will be a sunny one.

Holly

Great post today Judy! I love it! The world needs more compassion! Lynn is right, we don't ever know what others are going through around us. It's always better to be kinder than necessary right?!

Have a great day!

Tinabean

Hi my name is Tina I found your blog while I was log surfing young women ideas. I am a huge blog surfer & I love to meet new people & learn there stories.
I to am so sorry about what you are going through with your mom.
Cancer Sucks!!!
I lost a husband 5 years to cancer he was only 34.
It has to be one of the worst things out there to go through for the person who is sick & also there care givers.
Please stay strong & have a positive attitude my thoughts & prayers are with you & your family.

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge