













It seems like yesterday that I found out I was going to have another baby. Stacy was 2 and Cole was 5. I told the girls that they were going to get a brother or sister. Stacy said, "It's a bwuto"
(got that? Brother?) So I had an ultra sound and they told me it was a girl. I went home and told them they were going to get a sissy. Stacy said, "NO, its a bwuto!" (I am trying to spell it like she said it) When I was a few weeks out from delivery, Cole was at school and Stacy was playing in her room. She was screaming, so I went in and she told me she was playing with her bwuto and that he was pinching her and pulling her hair. One year later that happened.....in the same spot. Any way, they told me he was a girl up until he was born. I couldn't believe it.
He has been my little buddy. He loved to go shopping with me and would set in a cart forever. He was such a cute, funny little guy. He loved to ride bikes and play with his little trucks. I hated to see him start school and cried when he got on the bus for the first time. He always took in all the kids that had no friends on the playground. He always stood up for the kid that was being picked on. He loved scouts, sports, camping, hanging with friends, riding dirt bikes, dancing and life. I have 10 days, and he will get married and move out of my home. I can't imagine what my life would have been like if I couldn't have raised him. I feel so blessed to be his mom. He has a big heart and I am excited for him to start his new life. He is my little blond, curly haired buddy. He is my only boy. I love the little stinker!!!!! I think my favorite thing I said to him was.....I hope you get a little boy just like you!!!
I hope he does.







10 comments:
Look at our little Ry-GUY!! :) I can't believe he's all grown up and getting married next week! He is a cutie!
Wow Judy time has flown! I remember babysitting little Ryan and dressing him up like a girl. I remember having the kids at my house for a week when we were all little while you and Jerry were out of town, and Ryan wouldn't eat a girl cheese sandwhich it had to be a boy cheese! :) He did have really blonde curly hair, he was so cute. I can't beleive he is all grown up. It's a happy and sad thing. I am excited to see him get married :) He just better bring us a little Ryan soon so we aren't so sad :)
Oh my gosh! That would have been a REAL big shock to see that your baby was NOT what they had been telling you all along. What an awesome surprise, though, eh?
I got goose bumps when you told me about the screaming incident. That is So cool, that she knew you were going to have a boy. Little ones are SO close to the spirit. : D
Love seeing the pictures as he has grown. So crazy that he is getting married. It is exciting!
That was such a sweet post! I hope all the wedding plans are going smoothly! How exciting, but kind of sad at the same time :)
i'm so excited to see you at the reception.. i seriously can't believe he is gettin married.. i can still hear nicole screaming at him to leave us alone as he was a 10 year old trying to come hang out with her room with us ;) so excited for him!!
and thanks for my first blog award... i didn't even see my name there... AHHHH... lets celebrate, drinks on me!! ha! that was cute of you!
in her room with us.. not with her room... i can't write!
Judy, how do you do it? I dread the day when my baby boy gets married. It will be so sad to me to finally realize that I am done raising them. I know that day will come much faster than I would like it to. Best of luck with the wedding.
My parents are doing well. They miss Iona. My brother and his wife moved out of the 5th ward too. That was the best ward. I have such good memories from there. Good friends and neighbors! Hope all is well!
How cute is that? I remember seeing him the first time at Grandpa's funeral. How time flies. Can't wait to see you. I still haven't connected with Nicole. I will keep trying.
Love ya,
Sandy
This slideshow made me tear up a little! It was probably because of the music playing on your blog in the background. But I can't believe how much Ryan has grown up!! This all just blows my mind. I hope you guys have a wonderful week with all the fun you'll be having! I'm so excited to see you all at the reception!
Post a Comment