CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A Birthday to Remember

I was on my usual Facebook check one November morning. I saw that a dear  friend of Nicole’s (and one I would call my daughter) was doing a BIRTHDAY WITH A CAUSE.

She had a Christmas Birthday and was having people donate to a Women’s Shelter for her Birthday.

“Perfect” I thought.

My Birthday is the day after Christmas and my friends and family have always made it wonderful but I just don’t need anything. I knew we would have a big fun Christmas, so I posted on FB that I, to would be doing BIRTHDAY WITH A CAUSE. (Thanks Shannon Dooley)

Birthday with a cause

I sat up two drop offs. One is Idaho Falls and one in Utah. I randomly picked my Women's shelter and called them to set up the drop.

I was marveled at the response. It was so fun to see people jump in to help these women in need. I love WOMEN HELPING WOMEN.

IMG_1583

IMG_1534IMG_1535IMG_1537IMG_1552IMG_1553IMG_1555IMG_1556IMG_1577IMG_1557IMG_1558IMG_1559IMG_1560IMG_1569IMG_1570IMG_1571IMG_1572IMG_1579IMG_1582

IMG_1571IMG_1573

get-attachment (1)get-attachment

IMG_1561

So my Birthday came. No gifts. It was the most glorious day. I thought all day of these women and children using all this beautiful stuff that was donated. I went to lunch with my parents and family. Then we went to Blue Lemon for dinner. Ryan bought us all dinner.

We went home after and it was around 9 pm. JP handed me a little wrapped gift. I opened it and it was a plastic alligator. Cool. I thought we were going to Florida. Nope. AUSTRALIA!

download

karma

ˈkɑːmə,ˈkəːmə/

noun

  1. 1.

    (in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.

I guess this is one time in my life that I think good Karma graced my door. I didn’t need anything in my life at that moment. Just to help others. To give to the community. To someone that needed it.

I have children and a grand baby. The thoughts of them having to flee in the middle of the night of find shelter and safety makes me want to cry. So I took my SUV, filled to the gills to a shelter and lovingly dropped it off.

Little did I know that I would be blessed with two weeks of time away with my hubby. It is truly a tender mercy.

untitled

1 comments:

Lynn

You are SO beautiful!! In every way! You know that!?

Love you lots. So happy your birthday wishes came true. P.S. Just wanted to let you know that I did donate to my local women's shelter up here in honour of you and your birthday. They were in need of new children's toys. So that's what I donated. So just think....you touched the lives of so many from near and FAR away! ; )

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge