I think when I posted that JP had cancer was one of the hardest posts I have ever made. Well this one is up there with that one. We have prayerfully made the decision to accept a job offer. It has been one of the hardest decisions of our lives. We are truly blessed to have worked with a company like Sundance for 18 years. We love the people there and have made life long friends. We have met people that we call friends all over the globe. That will be truly missed.
JP has accepted a job in Utah. And yes, we will be moving to Salt Lake.
This is a great business opportunity for him. We are excited about this ADVENTURE but will leave behind 47 years of family, friends and memories. (and you can guarantee that I will be making the short 3 hour drive to see them lots)
We have found a condo to rent until one or both of our homes sell. (we have a home in Island Park and one on the Snake River if you know any one looking)
One of the hardest things in all of this is leaving our Son Ryan and his adorable wife Syd. They are our heroes and we are so proud of them and the life they are living and creating. (I guess I’ll have to slip ‘em gas money so they can come play) It is also hard to leave our “Sage Creek Ward” We love these people and they will always be “OUR PEOPLE.” JP has been the Bishop for almost 4 years and that is hard to leave them, especially the youth. We love our youth.
So in a few weeks this will be HOME.
On Tuesday I drove down to Salt Lake to meet JP. I had the music cranked up….Micheal Webb. He is one of may favorite LDS singers. The song OUR HOUSE came on. If you haven’t heard it, you need to find it. It talks about building your home and family. These are some of the words:
We’ll Build our house upon His solid ground, the wind and rain will never bring us down. Unlike the house that’s built upon the sand, with the Lord we will forever stand.
I was kinda teary thinking about all of this stuff. But I felt warm and tingly that no matter where we live, we can build a home up the Lord. No matter what city or state we live in, we will continue to live the way our Heavenly Father wants us to live.
We are very overwhelmed with this, but I guess we have the rest of our lives to move, clean and organize.
It seems that our world has been a whirlwind the past 2 years. Many trials and changes. I would not change a thing. I have such a deep appreciation for our families, friends and ward. I have grown in a way that I could not any other way. So many of you have helped me more than I can explain. I thank my Heavenly Father daily for that.
So as it goes, my 2011 word is ADVENTURE. I guess this is one heck of an adventure. One of those moments when you step into the dark, leave the comfort of home, family and the wonderful people of our ward, and follow our hearts. Makes me so sad, but I feel a twinge of excitement in all of this. No matter what we do in our lives, it’s me and JP all the way. We walk through this life, hand in hand and deal with whatever is dealt to us…..together.
Oh and I WILL be coming to Idaho to do PHOTO SHOOTS…. :}







20 comments:
I think a change will be good for your family. I'm also excited that you will be in SLC and we can go to lunch cause i'm in SLC all the time!
I am so excited for you guys to start this journey. You will be in my prayers as you get settled & adjusted to your new life. Do you know the date that you will moving yet? Selfishly I have a little ache in my heart knowing you won't be around for me to run into but I am truly happy for you Mom. I think this will be a grand adventure for you & there is nothing like a fresh start, no matter how much you love the life you are leaving behind. I am thanking the Lord for technology & computers & especially blogs so that we, your loyal readers, can share in this journey with you. I love you & wish you the the absolute best in your new home.
Well good luck to you two. You will be closer to your girls and that is plus.;)
WOW!! That has GOT to be something crazy that you never expected to do! I'm sure it will all work out though you will be truly missed in Idaho Falls!!! At least you will be closer to Nicole and Stacy..Ryan will just have to do the visiting now! Best of luck!!!
I am so happy for you guys, but sad for the rest of "us". I will miss you tons!
Bobbi said it well.....I was just thinking about how much FURTHER away you are moving from me.....but then thought again how exciting it is that you will be living in my daddy's home town. I may just come and visit you there more often than I did in ID.
I love your condo. Everything about it looks SO much fun! I will keep you in my prayers as you sell homes, pack, clean, organize, move, meet new people, get lot's of loving from your new ward, etc. etc. Wow. Adventure it is. You sure do live life large don't cha'. ; D
Judy, we just love you guys. And I speak for the entire O'Connor family when I say that! Change is a difficult thing, but it is also a great thing. I am so excited for this adventure you two are about to embark on! I think you'll really enjoy it down there. But I hope you know how much you guys will truly be missed. Idaho Falls is definitely going to feel a bit emptier after you leave. But it's a better place having had you here! So many memmories and fun times. I'll stop my novel now ha ha. I'm so excited for you guys and wish you all the best! I'm grateful for blogs so we can keep up with you guys. We love you, Judy! :) PS I don't think my mom knows yet. And when she finds out she's going to flip ha ha. So be expecting a phone call!
NOOOO! You can't leave us all mom! :( Now COle will never come visit me. I really am excited for you. What a great adventure. I bet you will love the city life, and how nice to be closer to Cole & Mae. Thank goodness for blogs so we can stay in touch! You know I'm a master mover & packer since we've moved a million times since we've been married, so let me know when you need help! :) Love ya!!!
oh judy! i could just bawl... and do barney jumps all at the same time for you. totally bitter sweet, right? i don't know why this makes me so sad... i don't know what it is about it.. but even though i don't live there, its just comforting to know that my "roots" are still there.. and you are part of those roots! but i'm also SOOOO excited for you and jerry and this exciting time! you better come back and take a few more pics of girlfriend once and a while! love you!! congratulations.. super exciting about his job opportunity.. and that you will b closer to your girls.. ry will just have to follow :)
Wow! How fun for you to have an adventure!
The pictures of your condo and pool look like the place where my brother stayed for a few months while he was doing his clinical rotations for med school. I wonder if it's the same place.
Michael Webb lives in my ward. I love his music, too, especially "Like a Lighthouse." Our RS and YW have all learned that song. It was even the theme song for YW camp one year before he and his family moved here.
I wish you all the best in your new adventure. Julie Acor Clegg
O I am so sad Judy :( But at the same time so happy for you guys and a new adventure. Your girls will love having you close to them and hopefully someday Ryan and Syd will migrate that way. We will come visit for sure we always make a few trips down there a year. We love you guys and hope for the best. Thank goodness for blogs :)
Wow! Exciting and I'm sure an adjustment for you! Good luck with the move!
Dont forget every three weeks for nails because no one in Utah can do nails!!!!! besides I need the therapy! oh and the occasional "trip" down my stairs (just kidding...I still feel like a jerk!) I will miss you both tons!
There are no words. I am so bummed to lose you and Jerry. You guys are priceless and will be missed terribly. What an influence and impact you have left on all those you associated with. Keep in touch and let's go to dinner when you come back to your REAL home.
I'm so excited for you guys but so sad that you are leaving!!! I guess that just means that I'll have to come down to Utah more often so that I can see you guys and Stacy/Derek and Nicole!
Oh my gosh!!! I was so sad when I read this. We are sure going to miss you guys but are excited for you guys for your new adventure!! Good luck, you will be missed!!!
Judy- I love your family so much and it will be sad to see you go but I know we will visit and you will visit- Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you:) Love ya
Wow! That's big news! At least you'll be closer to Cole and Mae! Good luck on the new job and move. You'll be missed greatly! YOU MUST KEEP IN TOUCH!Love ya!
Wow that is a big step good luck with it all! Wish I lived closer to help out. wow what a change that will be but life is full of them isn't it! so happy for u guys the lord will bless u wherever you go! U both are amazing!
Oh wow, I can imagine how hard that will be, but you are right that it is an adventure, and i know that you will be needed wherever you are. I'm sad I won't be able to see you when i come home, but honestly we are hoping to move to utah soon ourselves, so maybe we will see each other soon. And thank heavens for the computer, right. Hugs
Post a Comment