Are there days that you think “WHAT THE HELL?” I have had a few of those.
Here’s an up date on the flower situation.
Saturday was a crazy day. I was on the tail end of my crud, but not entirely on top of my game. I did a photo shoot for my sweet niece Ashley that is getting married. Then a shower for her that afternoon. Between the two, I received a phone call. It went something like this:
Him Mrs. Paisley (I get called that 90 percent of the time) this is Florist Express, and I am sorry to tell you that we can’t send the flowers to your daughter because no one in Provo will do them for that PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Me: Are you SERIOUS?
Him: Yes but we can send her a small mixed bouquet.
Me: But I didn’t order a MIXED BOUQUET!
Him: I’m sorry but that is all that we can do.
Me: This is a crock! Her Birthday was yesterday and the flowers were carefully thought out……just read the card! Oh my heck…..just cancel the order.
Him: 47 dollars will we credited to your card.
Cole called me later that day and I said Brightly…..”did you get your flowers?”
Her: NOOOOOOOO
Me: WELL YOU WON’T BET GETTING THEM….HAPPY FREAKIN BIRTHDAY!
She gets off the phone and tells her roommates about it it. She had told them about the first episode.
She said “I think my mom told Florist Express to shove the flowers, ‘but watch out for the thorns!’”
I laughed pretty hard.
So I am still trying to figure out a fun surprise for her Birthday that (YELLING) WAS ON THE 4th!
So yesterday I went outside to find that there was a thin but deadly sheet of ice EVERYWHERE!
I almost fell several time and was warning everyone I talked to to be super careful.
I was heading out to meet JP for lunch and had him on the phone saying “I’m on my way, where do…………
I stepped on to the top stair…(it looked so not slick) and whooooop! Both feet flew out and I was down in an instant……Jp still on the phone as it flew out of my hand and crashed on the sidewalk. He could hear me moan and cry. I picked up the phone and told him I would call him back.
When I fell, I hit the bottom step edge on my lower right back. I have never had pain like that before. It was sending spasms down my leg so I panicked. I couldn’t get up b/c I am old :{ and couldn’t get my leg under me and it was so stinking slick. I called some friends that were in the house and they came to my rescue. I think I was experiencing a little case of shock b/c I was kinnda shaking and thought I was gonna throw up. They helped me in my car. I drove home and Jp came to get me. We decided I would go in later if the pain got worse, so we went to lunch. :}
I have been in horrible pain. I think it hurt the muscle and the nerves. I don’t think any thing is broke…altho when I fell I wondered.
I was so excited because I was down last week and was feeling better so I could actually get something done this week.
Instead I laid in bed yesterday and watched QVC and guess what they were selling?
A walker with a seat. (like the one my mom used after her stroke) Toooooooo funny!
I think it is a little better today.
But it was a successful weekend. Here are pics from Ashleys shower.
Ya just never know what’s lurking around the corner……………..







7 comments:
Judy....Oh My Heavens Girl...I think you may need another vacation! I am so sorry that the flowers didn't work out, but mostly that you fell. Just as I was reading your story I could actually "feel" your pain-OUCH!! I hope you feel up and better soon...and if not, come on over to my house. We can have a bed rest marathon of chick flicks!
As to your pictures... Judy...you are doing some seriously cool stuff!!! Love it and I can't wait to see how your fabulous talent grows even more this year! Love it!!
I don't even know what to says! Grrr! What a crazy week for you! I hope you keep feeling better, and if I can help you surprise Cole CALL ME!!! ♥ that girl, and her sense of humor is my best!!!
Love ya Mom!
Sheesh! There's never a dull moment in your life is there. ; S I am with Christine. As soon as I read about your falling....I felt it in my gut. Ouch!!!!
Hope it becomes a much better week soon! Can't wait to find out what you eventually do for Cole's birthday. And it will obviously be a surprise...
OOOOOH I feel your pain...I experience those days often...but I think it's more that I have 2 left feet and am ridiculously accident prone. But yes after one or two days of it it's like COME ON! Glad you're not too badly hurt. I love your pictures...My cute granny :) I miss her so much! Get feeling better LOVE YOU!
Oh man OUCH! I hurt for you!
The comment Cole made about "shoving the flowers" made me LOL. HAHAHA! LUV IT!
Well I sure hope you get feeling better!! My Dad fell just like that when I was in high school. His back is still gets pretty irked! Hope you have a better day tomorrow and stupid flower people!! UGH!!
I call those kind of days "A series of unfortunate events"
Wow! I'm so sorry! That fall must've been SO scary!
And those flowers? I would've been madder than Hades at them!! Now you can just laugh at them. Kind of like those rolls that I made. I was so upset and mad and now, I think it's a great story and it's really funny! lol!
Hope you're doing well. You and your fabulous hubby! love ya!
Post a Comment