CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Friday, February 4, 2011

Don’t Mess With Me

Today is my first born’s Birthday. February 4th. Yip. Not February 5th. This is how it all went down.

I have NEVER been away from Nicole on her Birthday. NEVER. I have done some whaling and gnashing of teeth over this one. She always comes home, but this year she has a hot date……so ya know.

I have been down with the crud from HELL! Seriously. Not even wanted to climb out of bed, let alone go buy, box and ship her a Birthday present. So I called her and said that when I go down or she comes home we would have a girls day and do some seriously shopping.

So…..not even a card in the mail.

But I had a secret up my sleeve. On Thursday I called  Florist Express {not a plug for them} and ordered up one dozen roses.

No…..not your ordinary roses. 11 red and one white…..right smack dab in the middle. The card attached said….

TO OUR” ONE OF A KIND”……….. HAPPY BIRTHDAY. LOVE MOM AND DAD.

47 dollars of sneakiness. It was to be delivered at work.

All day long I smiled. waiting for the text or call from the Birthday girl to confirm the arrival. Nope. Nada.

She got off at 3.

I called.

“Any thing happen at work today?’

“Nope” she said.

So I called Florist Express with my conformation number in hand. I patiently explained my concerns and then was put on hold for like forever.

The conversation went something like this.

Her: Mrs. Paisley, I am sorry but there has been a mistake.

Me: um, what kind of mistake?

Her: The flowers didn’t get sent today.

Me……ok……..

Her: would you like us to send them tomorrow?

Me: {steamin”} Nooooooooo, tomorrow’s not her Birthday…..today is her Birthday.

Her: Yes, but we can send them on the 5th.

Me: Yes…..But her Birthday is in on the 4th.

Her: We can send them to her work tomorrow.

Me: That would be great, but she doesn’t work tomorrow and it’s not her Birthday……today is her Birthday!

Her: I will call her and explain it to her that it is our fault.

Me: It’s supposed to be a BIRTHDAY SURPRISE! Fine! {Birthday ruined}…. So when you call her you have to wish her a happy birthday because it’s all she gets from me.

I really tried to be nice. I really tried. So tomorrow Nicole is getting a 47 dollar bouquet of flowers for 10 percent off, sent to her house, on the 5th day of February….when her Birthday is really on the 4th.

Love you Cole!

.

8 comments:

Julia

Oh! Seriously Judy, I started crying for you! I'm so sorry! And it couldn't happen at a worse time! When you are already down and out! Good thing your daughter knows how much you love her!
I hope you feel much better soon! I'm thinking of you and praying you feel better soon!

Natalie♥
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie♥

O Judy that just tears at my heart :( I would have been so mad!! You just don't mess with the Momma Bear on her first born daughters birthday!!! If that made any sense at all :) I am so sorry.

Lynn

Oh wow. I can't believe that they would only give you a 10% discount. I think they owe you much bigger than that......good business means repeat customers.

I would of had a hard time being as nice as you.

But like Julia said....I am SURE your baby girl will completely understand and still love you....not the flower company....but YOU. ; D

Kate Call

gosh dang it! makes me heart hurt for you. but that was the sweetest idea ever. and she will love it.. even if it is a day late! i hope your date is sizzl'n smok'n hot! she deserves it.

hope you get feeling better!

Unknown

Oh my gosh!! How frustrating! That kind of thing makes me so mad. And it seems to happen a lot, which totally bugs. I'm sorry! What a pain.

Walker Family

How lame!!! UGH! Hope Nicole had a good birthday anyways and exciting about the "hot date!" YIPPPEEE! :) Nicole knows how much you adore her :) Hope you get feeling better! Love ya!

Shannon Dooley

What the heck?! 10% off? Are you kidding me?!?! What kind of customer service is that after such a HUGE screw up? I would have been furious too! I don't blame you! What a sweet, creative idea though. And it is true that it's the thought that counts, as cliche as that may be. I'm sure she was just as thrilled to get them from you a day after the fact. Happy Birthday Cole! Hope you're feeling better Mom. XOXO.

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge