CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Seein’ Stars

As a young girl one of my favorite quotes was:

Two men looked out of the self same bars,

One saw mud, the other saw stars.

I heard that in church and never forgot it. And to be honest, I have had to play it over and over in my head lately.  When I first learned that JP had cancer, I decided then that I would remain “SOFT” By that I mean that I wouldn’t let this harden me or my heart. Lately I have been feeling a little “HARD”…..maybe a little grinch-ish!

I know that satan wants me to be angry and bitter. To think that all is bad in my life. To dwell on the hardships. To not find happiness. To be ticked off at everyone and everything. Well it has kinda worked. Last night we went to our Adult Stake Conference meeting and a woman stood to give her talk. It was obvious that she was blind. She walked up to the pulpit, and with out hesitation began to speak.
She didn’t open up her printed out talk, or her scriptures. As she began to speak, chills went up my arm. She testified of Christ and reading her scriptures. READING  her scriptures. Wow. With the touch of her fingertips, she reads every day of Christ and the influence the Gospel of Jesus
Christ has in her life. But the thing she said that hit me the most, is that she relies  on him in her life. Then she said something I will never forget. “I rely on him that “this” doorknob is the door to the back porch”

I sobbed as my hard, heavy heart began to soften as I realized the blessings in my life. The quote “Lord forgive me when I whine, I have two eyes, the world is mine.”

This beautiful sister stood and gave the most amazing talk I have ever heard….from memory. It came from her heart, not a typed out paper that she had to keep track of where she was so she didn’t forget anything….from her sweet memory and grateful heart. She didn’t complain about her condition. She testified of how Christ is in her everyday life and guides her along.

Wow. Did I feel guilty. I hung my head and apologized for my bitter feelings and gave thanks for her and a Loving Heavenly Father that allowed her to touch my heart. I came home humbled and grateful.

Last week I drove down to Utah to take Cole to get a test done. It was an upper GI, and it was done at Huntsman…..we can’t get

away from that place……I guess they need money for their new wing…..

Everything looked ok, except for the lining in her stomach and they are checking for that bacteria thing…….. so i got to spend a few days with the girls.

11-30

The wedding plans are coming along good. Just very stressful. VERY STRESSFUL! So I am trying to re-group and start a new strategy so I can do this and Christmas and try to have some Christmas spirit.

We went to the cabin with Ryan and Sydni for a few days. May I say how proud of them I am. Since they met, I have called them “THE TWINS” They are seriously like twins…..so cute together. The love each other so much and it shows. Their life is hard as they both go to school full time and work, but they are doing it and I am amazed at them and their determination!

We have alot of extra stuff going on in our life right now. No matter how hard it gets, or seems to get, I will strive to see those stars.

I will strive to be happy every single day and give thanks for all I do have. It is a choice, one that I haven’t been very good at making.

6 comments:

Neal and Angie

Love that thought! So true! I needed to be reminded to look for the stars and not the mud...thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see you soon at Mae's shower! :)

Kate

Aunt Judy I love you so much! I am so grateful for this post- I really needed it:) You have some exciting days ahead I am so excited for Cole and Stacy:) Love you!!

Walker Family

I love your post Judy...I think we all go through this sort of thing with the trials we each endure. Its so amazing how when life gets us down there is always something whether big or small to remind us of all the good we do have in our lifes :)

Lynn

Beautiful Judy! Just beautiful. Thanks SO much for sharing your thoughts and especially those quotes. Awesome.

I got goosebumps just reading this. Hugs!

Shannon Dooley

Thank you for this post. It gave me goosebumps. What a beautiful reminder.

Erin

Thanks for your post Judy, I really needed that today!
And thank you again for the sweet blanket and outfit you got for our little Kaisley!

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge