CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Monday, December 13, 2010

THANKS ALOT……DIRT BAG! :{

Yesterday we woke up to really slick roads. Stacy was supposed to leave and go back to Utah. I didn’t want her to go alone, so I decided last minute to go with her and then take the
Salt Lake express back to IF….Or as my girls call it….the loser cruiser!

We arrived in SLC around 8 last night, and worked on wedding stuff till around 11:30. At 11 I heard something but I thought it was Sue, (who is Derek’s Aunt that Stacy lives with)

Sue heard it to and thought it was us. Stacy got up early and I was going to take her to work so I could have her car to go with Cole to the Doctor.

Stacy went up to start her car and the back passenger window had been broken out….and 2 GPS’s, Sue’s Christmas present, my favorite Columbia coat, and……..Stacy’s temple clothes were stolen. Wow! Whoda thought?  

Stacy has a little black book that she writes the name of the person  she went through the temple for, the date, who she went with and what temple. It is filled with pages and pages of these precious names. It had fallen out of her bag and was laying on the seat. Oh Boy……TENDER MERCY. So we spent the day taking her car to get the window fixed.

While I was on the phone with the insurance company, and ‘Stacy was trying to get someone to take her class so she could get this taken care of,,,,Sue was outside with foam from an old cooler, plastic and duct tape…..She did an amazing job….she takes such good care of Stacy!!!

DSCN0001 DSCN0002 DSCN0003 DSCN0004 DSCN0006 DSCN9999

The police man that just shakes his head because there is nothing they can do to catch these guys…..but I did learn that we should have all the serial numbers for items that we own. It would be good to have them all together  so when the police asks….we don’t say……well I don’t have a clue!

But we had a huge list and  check…..check……check……. got lots done…..even if we did have to drive with a air leak and whistle in our back seat!!!!!

5 comments:

Shannon Dooley

What is wrong with people?! And to do it during the holiday season to boot. Punks! Stuff like this makes me so sad. :( Kudos to Stacy & Sue for having smiles on their faces. I think I would have been in tears.

Lynn

OH man. That just sucks big time....sucks the air right out of your lungs. SOooo glad it wasn't robbery in person. But I just HATE that feeling when your vehicle is broken into or stolen (twice actually). You feel so violated.

Did you see if there was any other vehicles down the street with the same break in attempt? Usually they just go down the street and smash and grab several at once. Or maybe your car was the only one in site. Whatever....it still is maddening!

So sorry you had to go through that.

Good thing you had the feeling to go back with her. It's nice to have your mom with you when sucky things like this happen to you.

Hugs!

Unknown

That is so frustrating! And the worst feeling ever. My car was broken into at my parents' house and they took everything out of my compartments. I was surprised to see everything else in the car, but all my compartments were open and empty. It is such a yucky feeling and so violating.

Amber

When I saw that on Stacy's blog I about died. I just hate people like that. I'm so glad you got a lot of things checked off your list but I'm so sorry about the break in! That's so amazing that the book fell out. What a blessing!

Sandy Layne

Sorry Judy!!! There will be a very special place for these people. Not that it will make you feel any better. We have to be so careful this time of year. Thanks for the cute Christmas card and wonderful letter and Stacy's invite. You are so amazing. Have fun wit all the festivities and wedding.

Love You

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge