CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Friday, July 10, 2009

A Bright Spot


Oh My Gosh!!!!! Last night we went to Girls Camp for Bishop's Night. It is a beautiful drive up there and It was so fun when I got there. First of all I went and saw all the Stake Leaders. I was the assistant Stake camp director, but because of the stuff this year I didn't feel I could do it. I missed those wonderful sisters! They even told me they missed me to! Love them.

Then we went to our ward and ate. So good! Dutch oven roast and potatoes. We then played some games around the campfire. Then all the girls and Leaders got together and sang this song for the Bishop. Here are the words.

This is a story
about our Bishop
Who is leading a
very lovely ward
He is funny and very Charming
We are glad he came to camp
He is a father of three children
Who are grown, but he still has his dog

His wife Judy, is a beauty
And his testimony shines just like her smile
The Sage Creek Bunch
The Sage Creek Bunch
That's the way we became
The Sage Creek Bunch!


We then set around the campfire, and the youth leaders gave us letters that our dad's (or husband) wrote, and the girls wrote one and it meant the world to me. I got so teared up. It lifted my spirits. I was so grateful to the those girls. I just felt so loved! It was such a bright spot in my life right now!


It was such an amazing testimony meeting. We have the best girls! I was so impressed with them, and they have such good leaders.

As I look back, I am amazed at how many friends I I have made in this new ward. Three years ago I wouldn't have dreamed that I would feel so loved. My hearts filled to the brim!



I got the bestest phone call this morning! I was just laying in bed and my phone rang. It was my MOM!!!!! I told her I was so glad to have her call me. It was so fun.

Some other fun stuff: Ryan and Sydni surprised us and came home for a family reunion for her family, so we got to spend the day with them. Super Fun



JP was telling my mom a while back that he eats 3 bananas and a cup of raisins. (to keep things moving along!) My dad said "A couple raisins? What good is that?" Sooooo we have teased them about that, so my mom saved her Raisin Bran cause it has 2 SCOOPS!!!!!Last Monday, we took my cousin David to the movie for his Birthday (It was 3 months ago) We went to Up!!!! I LOVED IT.

(One of my very favorite parts) Russell was telling the old man about when his dad and him would get ice cream and sit on the curb and count the red and blue cars. Then he said"

"This Sounds so boring, but it is the things I remember!"

It is the little things that I remember most! The simple things. The things like sitting on the end of my mom's bed and going to girls camp and watching these wonderful girls!

And for those of you commenters in my life.......you are my angels. My network to peace. I run home everynight and go right to my comments. This sounds silly, but with my kids gone.....it is the blessing that fills a void. Thanks to each of you for taking the time to make comments each day, each post! Love ya!

10 comments:

Sandy Layne

Mom called me and and told me your Mom is doing much better - Yah! I love being with the young women and young men too. They make the Bishop's calling soooooooooo worth it. I could see on the 4th how much David loves you and I know why. You are so good to him and give him lots of warm fuzzies. I know that makes him feel good and it also makes his parents happy. I sure do hope things start looking up for you and JP and your Mom and Dad. Thanks for the CD. I am really enjoying it. One song you didn't put on that reminds me so much of your Mom is "Alley Oop". She'd crank that up when it came on the radio. She is so fun! We'll keep those prayers a comin.
Love ya

Julia

I'm so glad your Mom is doing better!
How fun that you were able to go to girls camp for the day! My girls are coming home from girls camp today. I'm sure they had a blast. Going to girls camp wa the highlight of my entire year! I loved it and would love to be a camp director again. (It's been years since I've been one.)
The Young Women in your ward LOVE you SO much! Their words must mean so much to you!!
I'm so glad you've had a happier couple of days!! I really hope it continues and just gets better!
Love ya!!

Tinabean

There is nothing better than a group of LDS young women to lift your spirits.
I am the mia maid advisor in my ward & I absoulutley love my girls (Yes they are mine too!)
I have loved being in the YW program & I think they bring & teach me more than I do them.
I'm so happy to hear that your mom is feeling better.
Prayers are amazing. Keep your head high & a smile in your heart!!!

Unknown

It sounds like girls camp was a wonderful experience. I sure do miss that. That song the girls put together is so cute! I'm glad things are looking up right now. You have always been so optimistic!

Amber

makes me miss girls camp so much!! so glad things are lookin up!

theleaskfamily

Hey Judy,
It was good to see you the other day just for a moment and it inspired me to catch up on my blog page (with my daughter-in-law's help). I am still farily new at this. It looks like you had a great time at camp and I agree that the young women today are the best. They make us wonder at all they are doing compared to where we were at at their same age. I hope things are going better for you. I admire your toughness and I am glad that we can keep in touch. Love ya, Lori

Natalie

What a great group of girls! loved their song!
Glad to see thing are on the way up for you! :)

Chelsi

So fun! I'm sure those girls and women just love you :) You are so great. Girls camp was the best for memories...

Christal

what a great opportunity to go to camp you are so very loved.... I love the song! I'm also glad your kids surprised you I know how much you miss them, and I'm so glad your mom is doing better!! She sounds like suc a roit but then again so do you!!! love ya hang in there your always in my prayers you'll all make it!!!

Lynn

Now how did I miss that? THat you've only been in your ward for 3 years. WOW! Amazing group of friends. It seems like you've been in your ward a lot longer the way you write about it. What a great bunch of young women.. I sure miss doing stuff like that....hanging out with the Bishop and helping him our with some of his "duties". That would of been fun, hanging out at camp for an evening.

So glad your mom is doing SO much better. What a funny lady she is. "Two scoops." LOL!

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge