CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Your Blessings...My Blessings!

I want to post 3 comments that were posted, and thanks for taking the time. I will be sending out 3 Count Your Blessings plaques....One to Lynn, Christal and Maria Laura. I need Cristal and Maria Laura's addresses...email it to me jkaypaz@aol.com.

Maria Laura (can't link, she is private)
Maria Laura said...
First at all I'm so sorry you are feeling sick, stress is hard, I know it. Well you asked that I tell you a story. In my poor english I'll try to do it. One of my blessing: have found you the night I found your blog. I remember I was very sad, feeling lonely and without hope. I prayed GOD and asked him that comforted me. I got up because I couldn't sleep and turned on my computer. I began reading my friends blogs, and then I don't know HOW, your blog appear. IT WAS GOD ANSWER!!!, I'm sure of that, I began reading it and believe me, I felt much better, with peace in my heart. I read your entire blog that night, and then I decided to write you. THANKS JUDY, YOU ARE VERY SPECIAL TO ME, AND NOW I CAN KEEP IN TOUCH WITH ONE OF YOUR DAUGHTER, I UNDERSTAND WHY GOD CHOSE YOU THAT NIGHT. LOVE YOU!!! María Laura

Christal said:
First sorry your sick! One thing after another for you guys. Second I so want to win one of these so here goes one of my many blessings... {I know this one will hit close to home but its fresh on my mind} This past week I had a friend die that we knew in Florida when we were there. Her name is Lori {I'm going to blog about it and give a link} but for now.. She is one of the strongest people I have ever met in 2003 she got breast cancer lost her breasts both of them. She got better for a bit but then the cancer moved to her lungs, then her brain causing her to lose her vision not all of it but enough and the lose of use in one of her hands which she used to teach piano with, she has 2 beautiful children 7,5 and a wonderful husband. She got cancer in her knee even and finally it overtook her last week. I makes me cry, it makes me appreciate all my blessings my health the use of my hands, my eyesight, to be able to walk. My hair, my breasts all that makes us. She was a beautiful mother of two. Who lost everything she lived for slowly, but she still counted her blessings each day, she served others to the end, and smiled despite every road block that came along. I consider her one of my blessings for having the privilege to know her the three short months we lived in Florida. She taught me to appreciate what I have, she taught me to serve others no matter what your situation, and she always loved those around her and made them feel welcome and loved. She was a pure example of Christlike love despite the torture her body was going through. She was a strength just like you have been also to me an example of taking your trials and helping others through your example. There are special people sent to this earth with more then one purpose to help us all to learn and grow and be touched. What a blessing.


Lynn (can't link she is private)
I was 4 months pregnant. Tired, worn out, alone and broke. I was working full time just trying to stay afloat of all the bills. I woke up to get ready for work, one morning, with the worst pain imaginable. I couldn't walk. It was SO painful. But I had to get to work. If I didn't, there would be no pay for that day. By the time I got to work, I was in such agony that I went right past it, and to the clinic a few doors down. The doctor immediately sent me to the hospital. I could not afford the cost of an ambulance. I did not own a car (I did not even have a license to drive a car). I had no one to call. I couldn't even think of one person to call close by. My family members and friends lived hours away. I could of hopped on the city bus at that point, but that would mean more walking, and by then my legs were on fire. I called a taxi. I had just enough money in my pocket to pay. It was going to go towards my phone bill after work. I couldn't even tip the taxi driver...but by then he had taken such pity on me and could clearly see that I was in extreme pain. He went into the hospital and got a wheelchair for me and dropped me off at the front desk. The nurse there was already having a bad day. She was very rude and short with me no matter how I tried to answer her questions. There were a lot and it was getting harder and harder to stay focused to answer them. She told me to get up and walk to a waiting room when we were through. I tried very hard to, but couldn't and collapsed. She then took pity on my and realized that my situation was worse than I had let on or worse than she initially thought. They wheeled me into the emergency and things happened very quickly after that. I don't remember much except waking up in a very clean and quiet room of my own. I knew I had undergone surgery. I cried. I wondered what more I could endure. The past few months had been one huge trial after another. I truly felt alone and wondered how I was going to pay my bills. I also knew that I was still pregnant and the surgery had not affected my baby at all. So that I was grateful for, but I wondered if I was the right mother for this little person. I called my work place just before I had left to go to the hospital and so they knew I wouldn't be coming into work for the next few days or week. That afternoon after a very long sleep, a nurse asked me if she could take me in a wheel chair to their solarium that was down the hall. I think she knew I needed to get out from my room and into some sunshine. So I said okay. There I sat. Looking at the plants and feeling the sun and sorry for myself, when all of a sudden I saw in the distance, someone that I knew, coming towards me from the entrance. It was my boss from work! The owner of the company that I was the manager for. I was shocked! Embarrassed by my appearance. And wondered why he was there? He sat down next to me and asked how I was feeling. After I told him I was okay and the baby was okay ( I was too embarrassed to discuss further surgical procedures with a man.....let alone my boss!) he then looked at me and said he was there to help. He felt compelled to come and see what he needed to do for me. I said that there was nothing he could do and that I would be just fine. He did not believe me. I was a mess and he could clearly see that. He said he wanted to help financially so that I didn't have so much stress and pressure. He told me that he was paying me for a full month's pay and that it was a gift. He told me to rest for a few weeks and not to worry about coming to work at all. He wanted to help me with my bills. I bawled and bawled. I was SO stunned! It was such a huge relief. And of course, I was embarrassed again for my boss to see me like that. I learned so much from this man. He saw a need and even though we did not have a close relationship...just a professional one.....he took the time to show his concern. He took what resources he had and did what he could with them to help ME.... Someone that was just an employee. He saw a need and fulfilled that need as best as he could. I will never forget it. I wondered many times why I had to go through that additional trial when I was already reeling from one and still hadn't got over the previous one.

This is what I learned: 1. I may feel alone. But I am truly NEVER alone. 2. The Lord always knows what I need. 3. I learned that there are so many good people in this world. At that point I seriously didn't think there were very many at all. Especially men. 4. I learned how to see a need. See what other people need. Do what I can for them with the resources and skills that I have. I have been paying it forward ever since that day. 5. I learned how to be stronger. I learned that I could do somethings on my own, but to let others help when I needed it. I learned that that is the whole reason for us being here. To help one another. There has to be someone in need now and again, so that others have the opportunity to serve. That is what I learned that day. And many other times since.

I love reading faith promoting experiences. Thanks to all 3 of you for doing this. I learn so much from my friends in blogland. Every time you look at your little plaque, you can think of me!!!!!

We have spent the week at the cabin and it has been so good to get away. Still tons of snow. I will try to post pics tomorrow.....you won't believe it all.

3 comments:

Lynn

I will always think of you!
Thanks again for the opportunity to reflect on trials and what we learned or saw as blessings from them.

I still get goosebumps reading Christal and Maria's stories. You are the best. I learn a LOT from you.

Enjoy your time away at the cabin!

María Laura

if you can see me at this moment you could see tears in my eyes!!!, but luckily HAPPY tears!!!. This GIFT represents a lot to me at this moment of my life. YOU ARE SO GENEROUS, SO KIND, and I'm sure GOD WILL RETURN TO YOU all good things you do for others. It is amazing, we don't know each other but I feel like my HEAVEN FRIEND!!!.
LOVE
María Laura

Holly

3 cool girls get a very cool plaque... I must have missed that post... DARN! It's beautiful Judy! You are so creative and talented! Lynn & Christal make me want to be a Canadian... so sweet! :)

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge