An Update: We are almost 4 weeks out post op. It has been a very difficult recovery. I didn't know anything about this form of cancer and my eyes have been opened. He is doing better every day. We have had a few set-backs, but our spirits are up. He attended 5 hours of church yesterday, and that did him in. We enjoyed a lazy Easter, with my parents. (pics later)
I went in last week because the hives are back full blast. They have me on Prednisone, Zyrtek, Claratin, hyroxozine and Singulair. Still wake up every day with them, but can usually get them under control.
Cole has to have her Gal-bladder out.....maybe the end of this month. We told her she has to wait until then so she can get the recliner. It won't be empty until May 1. It has been used alot lately!
Uplifting Quotes
"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley
"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo
"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo
. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker
GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye
LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams
The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams
..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye
"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis
"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman
"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo
"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer
10 comments:
Holy Cow! I was really enjoying all those photos.. It's like you and Jerry could be Dean and I. So "same-ee" we are. Dean had the same feathered hair and mustache. Me and you....the same high styles all through the 80's. And you are so right! Our girls had similar dresses. That was a fun flashback.
Now what's this about your hives??? That sure is a LOT of meds they have you on. I am SO sorry to hear that. Glad though that you can get them under control. Do any of the meds give you a headache or any other side effects?
I was pleased to hear that Jerry was able to make it to church....but that sure is a LONG time for him to make it back in one day....Bishops always have SO much to do, eh?
Our prayers are with Cole. Sounds like the medicare is getting rich off your family these days. My goodness! You can write 2009 off with all those surgeries going on at your house!
In those older pictures,JP looks a little bit like "Uncle Rico" from Napoleon Dynamite..I would start charging rent on the recliner and then you could buy another
Dooney and Bourke from QVC with the money...I could see JP was struggling yesterday...he's such a little trooper...I'm making him a t-shirt that says TGFL...thank God for Lortab...Love you both...
Glad to hear things are going good. I can't imagine enduring trials without family and friends. You guys are such a great example to all of us. Hope Cole recovers quickly... It's always something :)
I loved looking at these family pictures...it's so sweet! I love to see how the kids all grew. Love you Pasley's
THOSE PICTURES MADE ME LAUGH!!! I THINK I HAD THAT SAME HAIR DO. JERRY NEEDS TO STAY AWAY FROM CHURCH FOR A WHILE LONGER. WE MIGHT NEED TO TAKE UP A COLLECTION FOR A SECOND LOUNGER AT YOUR HOUSE. HOPE NICOLE DOES WELL WITH HER SURGERY. LOVE YA.
Tell Nicole to hang in there! I had my gall bladder out when I was pregnant and it was not fun!
I'm glad that Jerry is starting to feel a little better. And I hope you can get some comfort without having hives! Your family are still in our prayers.
Take Care!
~Britt~
Fun pics Jude! Oh no, not another surgery for Cole! You guys!! I can't believe how tough you all are! I think the Lord knows you can handle it or he wouldn't give it to ya, you are just an amazing family! :)
I loved all your family pics! You have such a great family and I admire your strength.
I love all the hair dos over the years! Love all your memories!
O I am so glad Jerry got to go to church and did okay. I am sorry about those dang hives Judy!!! I sure wish I could find a cure for you. And Cole surgery again!!!! Dangit!!! That poor girl...your poor family.... I am so sorry. On a happy note I love all of those beautiful family pictures you have. I always tell myself you can never have too many family photos and I am right because look at the treasures you have to look back on now. So fun and lots of memories at every age. Love you guys :)
Post a Comment