Have you watched the news lately? Crime, Scandals, Economic downturn, horrible weather. I get depressed watching it. But I know there are good things....good people.
We have had so many ward members ask what they can do to help. Yesterday, Mindy (Young Women's Pres) called and said the girls were going to get together to make ice cream. She had heard that our leaves (that we so poorly procrastinated last fall) needed raked. There was alot of leaves. I told her she could talk to the Bishop. It is hard to accept service. (I would rather give) Soon the doorbell rang and I opened the door to see all the youth standing in my driveway, rakes in hand. That was it! I melted in a puddle in Mindy's arms and sobbed. These beautiful Youth, (and the boys joined the girls because they heard they were making ice cream! LOL)came to conquer this huge job of raking matted down leaves that had been under the snow all winter.
I marveled as I watched them work, making little piles all over the yard, laughing and talking while they worked, all for the love of their Bishop.
I Love these people. The valiant youth, the great leaders. They made me cry, as I helped load bag after bad of dirty leaves.
What a blessing it is to learn service at such a young age, They are our future leaders, and they are being taught well. What a blessing to receive service (at an older age):0 It is hard to sit back and watch the youth and their leaders clean up our mess. But my heart was full.
Thanks all you youth and leaders! We love you!












9 comments:
It looks like the weather was great for a little yard work. Not only will the kids be blessed, but so will you for allowing them the opportunity to serve. I think we often forget how important it is for us to allow others to serve us. Like you said, you'd "rather be serving" but it humbles us and is such a great lesson for us to learn as well. Thanks for sharing!
I love this church!
After all the years of your service, how wonderful it is to let someone serve you! :) I hope your family is well! Thank you for your positive attitude! :)
Now as my grandmother would say:
"Aren't you glad that you did NOT rake those leaves last fall? It gave the youth a wonderful opportunity to learn about service, so that they can pass that lesson on to someone else someday. They will be blessed for this and YOU allowed that to happen."
Yup! That's exactly what my grandma would say to me. : D
Love that we are all taught service! I agree it is so hard to accept, I would rather give. So glad that you were able to Receive this time!
The youth in the Sage Creek ward are wonderful. I miss my wonderful YW!!
That is awesome love the layouts too! Great youth I loved service projects as a youth always so much fun! I think they have a pretty great bishop and bishop's family they are lucky to have you all in the ward!! What a blessing!
That is so nice of them to come do this for you! What would the world be like if we weren't taught service? We are so blessed to know of the blessings of service. What would we do without the Church? Oh, I also hate to watch the news. Everything on there is so negative because of this corrupted world. It is so sad!
That is so cool. I love working with the youth. They are such an inspiration to me. Always willing to serve others.
How beautiful is that?!! My heart just welled up and I almost started crying. I don't know why, but every post lately you've made me cry...
Maybe it's my poor immune system. No, I just feel the spirit and I'm a crier when it comes to the spirit.
When I was pregnant with twins, I had to be on bedrest from week 14 on, and my ward brought dinner to my family EVERY day from then til 3 weeks AFTER the twins were born. I CANNOT tell you how much that service meant to me AND to my family. (I didn't want to have McDonalds everyday)
I know that feeling in your heart...But how beautiful...they love you so....
Post a Comment