
I love my sweet memory Monday. Makes me think. This is my Great, Great.......Grandpa.
His name is Cornelios Peter Lott. He joined the church with the early saints, and worked for and was good friends with Joseph Smith. There are many fun stories about arm wrestling with Joseph. His history is so interesting. So why did I post this picture?
The other day I received a post from Carma. I have never met her and she lives in the next town. She saw that my last name was Lott, and told me she thinks we are cousins! She emailed me her downline and sure enough! Cuz's! Her Great, Great..... grandfather was Cornelios Peter Lott! Her mother was a Lott. It was so exciting and we will be able to meet because she works here in IF!
She sent me an email and this is part of what she wrote. "Another item to note is that my parents lived in Idaho Falls when they were a young married couple (living on East River Road, ironic huh)...about sixty years ago. My dad seems to recall that my mom visited with Taylor a couple of times when they were up here. I want to say Taylor lived kind of southeast of Ucon??? So it is very possible that my mom met your dad very briefly about sixty years ago when he was a young boy. Anyway, I could go on, but it is really fascinating. And when I really think about this, I know my mom is looking on this whole situation and smiling. We are very close in age, have many of the same interests, recognize the abundant blessing of the gospel in our lives, and see life in much the same way. She was probably thinking, "Carma, if you are going to read blogs of other people, Judy Pasley's is one you need to read."
I am so excited and know that Heavenly Father and Carma's Mom can open doors to our past.
I am very grateful that Cornelios Peter and his sweet wife had the faith to join the church and remain strong. Some day I will meet them and thank them personally. I can't imagine the heart ache they endured. I can't imagine the suffering as they walked across the plains. I can't imagine the persecution so they could have religious freedom. And then, one day, I get an email from a cousin, that enjoys they blessings of the Gospel as I do. All because of them.
We are all so connected. Be it by blood, or by pre-existence, we are all in this for the same reason. To survive. To help each other through.







5 comments:
Excellent post! We are so blessed to have the heritage we do. I too want to thank them personally some day for the many hardships and trials they endured. It is also such a credit to them that through the generations the light of the gospel and their testimony is still bright in our lives. It is great to have the connection we do...and to be friends. Thank you!!
It's such a small world!
Oh now THAT is a COOL post! I can see the Lord's hands all over this. How sweet it is to meet our kindred that we have never met before. Blog land is awesome!
KAZMIN! Buying a plaque would be a lot cheaper than the fine you would have to pay (not to mention diet coke doesnt flow as freely in prison) for breaking FEDERAL law!! j/k :) oh yeah this is nicole- love ya mom!!!!!!!
That is really neat. Glad that the move for Stacy went well. Tell her hello! Love ya!
Post a Comment