CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Monday, April 2, 2012

“Spring” in my world.

I have not always loved spring. To me when I think of Spring I think of wind. Grew up in beautiful Idaho, but yea, the wind blows alot. So this Spring I have enjoyed the weather. We left for Idaho last Thursday and came home to some cute little blossoms.

IMG_4414 IMG_4421 IMG_4423 IMG_4424 IMG_4427 IMG_4429 IMG_4439 IMG_4445

IMG_4450 IMG_4454 IMG_4459 IMG_4465

Got my Spring shelf done. Love how it turned out!!!

IMG_4397 IMG_4403 IMG_4411

IMG_4395

I loved being able to go to the cabin this weekend for Conference. It was amazingly good and it was fun hanging with the R’s.

IMG_0100 IMG_0110 IMG_0112

Joyce and I worked on crafts and stuff. I went in to the bathroom and came out and my table was gone.IMG_1569   IMG_1572IMG_1571IMG_1570

Oh funny funny guys!! I just love the R’s and I am so grateful for them.

I loved conference.  There were so many talks that struck a cord, but I think the best one was President Uchdorf’s talk. Wow!

[the following found on LDS.org]

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf: The Merciful Obtain Mercy

“We simply have to stop judging others and replace judgmental thoughts and feelings with a heart full of love for God and His children,” said President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Second Counselor in the First Presidency in his address Sunday morning.

“This topic of judging others could actually be taught in a two-word sermon,” he said. “When it comes to hating, gossiping, ignoring, ridiculing, holding grudges, or wanting to cause harm—please apply the following: Stop it!”

Offering a talk titled, “The Merciful Obtain Mercy,” President Uchtdorf said strained and broken relationships are as old as humankind itself. “I imagine that every person on earth has been affected in some way by the destructive spirit of contention, resentment, and revenge. Perhaps there are even times when we recognize this spirit in ourselves. When we feel hurt, angry, or envious it is quite easy to judge other people, often assigning dark motives to their actions in order to justify our own feelings of resentment. Of course, we know this is wrong.”

President Uchtdorf said people can so clearly and easily see the harmful results that come when others judge and hold grudges. And they don’t like it when others judge them. “But when it comes to our own prejudices and grievances, we too often justify our anger as righteous, and our judgment as reliable and only appropriate.”

President Uchtdorf said the minute “we judge others, we condemn ourselves.”

“Refusing to forgive is a grievous sin—one the Savior warned against. … When the Lord requires that we forgive all men—that includes forgiving ourselves.”

He asked members of the congregation to forgive so they can be forgiven. “Because we all depend on the mercy of God, how can we deny to others any measure of the grace we so desperately desire for ourselves?”

Forgiving, he said, is not easy. “In fact, for most of us it requires a major change in our attitude and way of thinking—even a change of heart. But there is good news. This mighty change of heart is exactly what the gospel of Jesus Christ is designed to bring about.”

President Uchtdorf said the more Church members allow the love of God to govern their minds and emotions, the easier it is to love others with the pure love of Christ. “As we open our hearts to the glowing dawn of the love of God, the darkness and cold of animosity and envy will eventually fade.”

The pure love of Christ can remove the scales of resentment and wrath “from our eyes, allowing us to see others the way our Heavenly Father sees us: as flawed and imperfect mortal who have potential and worth far beyond our capacity to imagine. Because God loves us so much, we too must love and forgive each other.”

He said in a world of accusations and unfriendliness, it is easy to gather and cast stones. “Brothers and sisters, let us put down our stones. Let us be kind. Let us forgive. Let us talk peacefully with each other. Let the love of God fill our hearts. Let us do good unto all men (Galatians 6:10). ...

“Let us, as disciples of Jesus Christ, return good for evil. Let us not seek revenge or allow our wrath to overcome us. … As member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, wherever we may be, let us be known as a people who have love one to another” (see John 13:35).

President Uchtdorf said there is enough heartache and sorrow in this life without adding to it through stubbornness, bitterness, and resentment.

“We are not perfect. The people around us are not perfect. People do things that annoy, disappoint, and anger. In this mortal life it will always be that way.

“Nevertheless, we must let go of our grievances. Part of the purpose of mortality is to learn how to let go of such things. That is the Lord’s way.

“Remember, heaven is filled with those who have this in common: They are forgiven. And they forgive.

“Lay your burden at the Savior’s feet. Let go of judgment. Allow Christ’s Atonement to change and heal your heart. Love one another. Forgive one another. The merciful will obtain mercy.”

I loved his talk!!!! I hate hate hate contention. I try to be kind and love others. I know in my life I have offended people and I hope someday they can forgive me. I would never do it on purpose.  I know that I will be working on the “no grudge, no gossip, forgive all  thing. I know it is usually jealousy. I know it is not my place to judge others. My goal the past 5 or so years is to find good in everyone I meet and know. It is a choice. We can let everyone around us offend us or we can find the good in them. It takes so much energy to be mad. I think it causes pre mature aging. LOL. But really.

When I look at family, I know it is a choice to always love and respect. I can walk away from a family get together mad…….or grateful to be part of that family.

I am so grateful. I love my family and my In laws. I am grateful that I have a loving and forgiving heart. I am grateful for the wonderful memories that it has brought me. I am grateful that my parents taught me to love and forgive. It is not an option. I know if I let others offend me, my parents and my Heavenly Parents would be disappointed in me. [I am not saying I don’t get offended, but I do know if I do it is my fault] It is a choice.  I’m grateful for my brothers. I love that I can see them and know that they love me and that I don’t have to worry about everything I say or do or don’t say or don’t do. It is such a blessing.

This problem is so rampant in our lives. It is in our families, wards, neighborhoods and our hearts. I loved how he said simply STOP IT!!!! 

Anyway, that is my food for thought. It is my goal. To love and forgive.

I am so grateful for a Living Prophet. I am so grateful to be lead by Him. I love the security I get from his words. I love his sense of humor.

It’s peace to me in a chaotic world.

1 comments:

Lynn

Amen sister! Sing it girl! ; ) I loved that talk too and SOoooo many others. I even went so far as to record something from every single person's talk. I NEED to remember what it is that I am suppose to be doing. lol. This getting old thing is for the birds....hard to remember what I did yesterday.

Love the SPRING pics!! Looks like you guys are WAY ahead of us in that department. I guess since you live closer to the equator than we do....it's bound to happen. HA ha.

Love ya!

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge