CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Promise of Spring

I love Easter. I love the season and why we celebrate it. I love that Jesus was resurrected. I love the Atonement. I love that he died for my sins, and that because of him I can return to him.

I love the Easter Bunny, the candy, the warm weather, the promise of Spring.

Last weekend my parents came to spend Easter with us. It was so fun to have them here,.

In my opinion, no one is EVER to old to color eggs! Seriously!!!!! We colored the eggs. So fun….Boy, I need some grand kids.

IMG_4636 IMG_4639 IMG_4642 IMG_4648 IMG_4652 IMG_4653 IMG_4660 IMG_4661 IMG_4662 IMG_4667 IMG_4670

IMG_4654 IMG_4655 IMG_4684 IMG_4685

IMG_46911   IMG_0190

Then Monday was my Dad’s Birthday. He is such a    blessing in my life. We got up and took my parents to the City Creek Mall.
IMG_0203 IMG_0574IMG_0607 IMG_0207  IMG_0610

Then took my dad to PF Changs for lunch.

IMG_0209

a couple days ago I was headed to the grocery store and came across this SPRINKLER ART!!!!!!! Oh I couldn’t get enough!

 IMG_0156.jpg (2) IMG_0186.jpg (2) IMG_0187.jpg (2) IMG_0563.JPG (2)

IMG_1702 IMG_1705  IMG_0157 IMG_0160 IMG_0162 IMG_0164

I love to record history. I found this here at Housewifeeclectic. It is so fun to see the stuff when you were born over here at

This is the info on the day I was born. So fun.

Top News Headlines This Week:

Dec 27 - "Subways Are for Sleeping" opens at St James Theater NYC for 205 perfs Dec 27 - Belgium & Congo resume diplomatic relations Dec 27 - Styne/Comden/Green's musical "Subways are for Sleeping" premieres at St James Theater NYC for 205 performances Dec 28 - Tennessee Williams' "Night of the Iguana" premieres in New York NY Dec 30 - Moscow: premier of Dmitri Shostakovich's 4th Symphony (out 1936) Dec 31 - "lrma La Douce" closes at Plymouth Theater NYC after 527 performances

Top Songs for 1961

The Lion Sleeps Tonight by Tokens
Big Bad John by Jimmy Dean

Pony Time by Chubby Checker
Take Good Care of My Baby by Bobby Vee

Tossin' and Turnin' by Bobby Lewis
Calcutta by Lawrence Welk

Runaway by Del Shannon
Wonderland By Night by Bert Kaempfert

Blue Moon by Marcels
Runaround Sue by Dion

1961 Prices
US President

Bread:
$0.21/loaf
John F. Kennedy

Milk:
$1.05/gal
US Vice President

Eggs:
$0.92/doz
Lyndon B. Johnson

Car:
$2,275
Academy Award Winners

Gas:
$0.31/gal

Best Picture:
West Side Story

Directed By Robert Wise

Best Actor:
Maximillian Schell

in Judgment At Nuremberg

Best Actress:
Sophia Loren

in Two Women

House:
$18,800

Stamp:
$0.04/ea

Avg Income:
$6,471/yr

Min Wage:
$1.15/hr

DOW Avg:
731

People born on December 26

1921 - Steve Allen New York NY, comedian/TV host (Tonight Show, Steve Allen Show)

1927 - Alan King Brooklyn NY, comedian/actor (Anderson Tapes, Memories of Me)

1891 - Henry Miller author (Tropic of Capricorn, Tropic of Cancer, Sexus)

On TV in 1961

Perry Mason
Leave it to Beaver
Bonanza

The Andy Griffith Show
The Flinstones
The Twilight Zone

Alfred Hitchcock Presents
The Dick Van Dyke Show
I Love Lucy

Gunsmoke

Hot New Toys in 1961

Frosty The Sno-cone Machine
Slip 'N Slide
Dick Tracy Wrist Radio

Stratego
Lie Detector
Little Red Spinning Wheel

Mr. Mix-It
Beany Copter

Top Books in 1961

Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell
A House for Mr. Biswas by V. S. Naipaul

The City in History by Lewis Mumford
Catch-22 by Joseph Heller

The Moviegoer by Walker Percy
The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie by Muriel Spark

Art and Illusion by Ernest H. Gombrich

2 comments:

Unknown

What a fun weekend with your parents in town! I love the pictures of you guys decorating the eggs. It makes me happy to see how in to that you all were! That is the best!

Neal and Angie

What a great weekend with your parents! You have such wonderful family! Love your Sprinkler Art pics too... actually I love all your pics, you really have such an artistic eye! How about we get together? I won't take no for an answer :)

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge