I AM NOT gonna let an empty nest get me down. I AM NOT gonna let a move to Utah get me down. I AM NOT gonna let no snow for Christmas get me down.
I LOVE CHRISTMAS. THIS YEAR WAS NO EXCEPTION.
I spent a difficult December. I missed my hometown and friends. The sights and sounds of Idaho……but I AM NOT gonna let it get me down.
So I pushed on, and prepared for the Holiday. It was magical.
Christmas Eve we hung alone till that evening.
So Weird. So quiet. Then the excitement started with a prime rib dinner, desert, gingerbread houses and our traditional jammies.
Woke up really early Christmas Morning to let the dog out. Turned on the tree light and sat in the quiet. So beautiful.
Notice that the bottom part of the tree is light-less. Oh how I hate that. Just a few days after I put it up some of the lights went out……………..but like I said…It’s NOT gonna get me down. :}
It was a magical Christmas.
My family all pitched in and got me an Ipad. Oh I was so thrilled.
Missed Ryan and Syd sooooooooo much. Went to church, then jumped in the car and headed to Idaho to get my Ryan and Syd fix.
My favorite Christmas quote is:
Love Is What's In The Room With You At Christmas If You Stop Opening Presents and listen.
:>}
So grateful to be able to celebrate the Birth of Our Savior, Jesus Christ. To feel the magic….then to wake up the next day and Celebrate………………..my 50th Birthday.
It is a hard time to party. To plan a party. No one wants party the day after Christmas right?…………………………WRONG! :}
Several months ago Stacy, JP and my mom started planning a Birthday Bash. It was my PERFECT PARTY! I have the best family and friends. Lifelong friends. It was at Garcia’s. It was a surprise. It was amazing.
Stacy had these photo booth props for picture. Tore at my heartstrings…….any thing photo! Right?
Ryan
Derek
Cole
Stacy
JP and Me
Stacy
Stacy is so cute. She went to the DI and found these frames and painted them. Oh my. So love it. So love it!My Family
Out dinner
Mary and Dave
Blake, Kent, Ashley
Cake
Rick and Carolyn
Stein, Joyce and Rock
David
Debbie and Marissa
Teresa, Wynn, Natalie, Nick and Janel
Dell, Doris and Darlene
Brent, Michelle and JP
50 Diet Pepsi’s :}
I was so touched! It was so amazing. I am so grateful for all of those that came. Thanks Stacy, Mom, and JP.
I am so grateful for 50 wonderful years of life. For parents who love me. For a little family I adore. For a husband that I am the center of his universe. For friends that I have known forever. I am grateful for each breath. For a heart that beats and loves. For giving kids that love me. For life. So grateful.







5 comments:
SO glad you had a great Christmas! And that birthday party was SO cute! You have awesome family! :) I'm drooling over your ipad... Zach doesn't let me play with his much! ha! ;)
I LOVE seeing others Christmas's! I think they're so much fun to see! And it looks like you had the BEST time at your birthday party! Happy Birthday Judy! You ARE BEAUTIFUL!!
Looks like a great Birthday and Great Christmas! Hope your New Years was wonderful!
Oh Judy! I just had to come back here {was here before...but literally was running out the door and had no time to comment}....anyway....just had to tell ya how AMAZING I thin your family is. You all sure know how to party. That looked like so much fun. And good for you for creating some Christmas magic despite your circumstances. I feel the love you have so strongly for your family. Glad you got to spend some time with all of them at one time or another this season.
P.S. Cassie was just here this weekend and we were talking about you and your birthday. She said she was SHOCKED when you said you were 50. She said you do NOT look 50 at all. ; D Just had to tell you that. And I agree with her. You look amazing. What is your secret?
HAppy Happy NEw Year!!
It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas and I am so glad your girls both got to be there to spend the day with you. I loved your party I was so glad I got to come.
Post a Comment