What a crazy week. On Wednesday Lisa Bearnson and her sister Becky drove up to stay here so Lisa could go to BYU-I for an entrepreneur workshop. She headed up early on Thursday and Becky and I drove up later. Her class was incredible. I love to hear about her story and how she started her magazine. She is such a good speaker and I could have listened to her for hours. She is such an inspiration to me.
Me, Lisa and Becky
JP and I took them to dinner at Jakers.
Lisa’s son just left of his mission and she found out that her first companion is from IF. His family is in my stake and I am good friends with his mom. So we invited them over to meet Lisa. It was so fun to here them talk about their missionaries!!!!
Kaui, me n Lisa
Friday Lisa and Becky were ready to head back up go on a campus tour with “my Stacy” Last minute I decided to go, so I drove up and it was so fun to be able to go as she took them around the campus, but to also see Stacy doing such a great job up there. She is really going to miss her job at BUY-I.
We were then treated to Chapati’s from the business department.
They are so good. A homemade flour tortillas, a fried egg cooked in a round fry pan (cooked thin and the size of the shell,) then filled with cheese, bacon bits, tomatoes, onions, ect, and a spicy chipotle sauce. OMG! They were delicious!!!!!
It was such an honor to be able to go to this. We were able to eat lunch there and Elder Clark, the President of BUY-I spoke to us. He did a fabulous job. He talked about integrity in the work force. Amazing!!!!!
They left around 2:30 and JP and I had to be at the church at 5 to head up to West Piney with the Youth in our Ward. I can’t even express my feelings about the Youth in our ward. They inspire me to do better. They are so strong and know so much about the church. It was a fast trip but an absolute blast!
Me n Maddi n JP Watching the kids go down the BIG slide!
I took tons of good pics, and I am gonna make a poster to hang outside the Bishop’s office.
Wow am I ever tired, we were up till 2:00 am, but it was a great week.







4 comments:
what fun! and our youth-are crazy great and fun! glad you got to go and spend time with them!
So glad to see you so happy and doing great! Was fun to see your parents for a few minutes last saturday. Your Mom looks sooooooo good all tan and looking healthy. So does your Dad. Handsome as ever.
Love You
Oh wow! Where do I begin?
First you are such a fun and amazing person. I think it's SO cool that you got the missionary companions moms together to meet. That is WAY awesome in my books! ; D I am going to do the same missionary package ideas that Lisa is doing for her son. I can't thank her enough for that fun idea.
Next, I am not sure if I ever told you that Dean attended BYU -I when it was Ricks. He has SO many great memories of it and still talks about them all the time. P.S. What temple is that? Did I miss something? IS there a new one near there?
JP is so funny. Love that photo of you and the young woman with him making faces behind. I bet the youth just LOVE their Bishop.
But my goodness! You would never get me to go on a slide like that anymore. Did you go down it??
Looks like so much fun! I know the two students - Sandy and Melissa - in that last picture of you guys at BYU-I! They were in that rediculous advertising class with me. Small world! Stacy has always been such a pro with her job.
Post a Comment