CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Termoil

I love Christmas. I have always loved Christmas. We have always had big Christmas's. Even as a kid. I could look through the Sears or Penny's catalog and pick out 2 things I really wanted and 3 on a good year. My parents made Christmas memorable for me. My kids have had good Christmas's to. Not a catalog, but surf the net to find the newest and greatest.
This year is different. The world is in turmoil. People are losing jobs, and business are shutting down. We have a wonderful new home, but have not sold our other home. Turmoil. Yes.
I always start my shopping early and buy right up to the very last minute.
Not this year. I have been an a very strict budget. I have walked this town to find just the right gift, for just the right price. I have had to be more picky, choosing only what will be needed and loved, thinking of the person opening the few choice gifts, instead of a treefull of presents and a room full of wrapping paper when it is all over.
This year is different. My little family is growing, and I love it. I am excited to have Stacy back home for the holidays from her mission.
Turmoil, yes, but it has been a blessing for me to step back, to simplify, to choose only a few gifts, and to be more excited to JUST have my family together.
Turmoil. Yes, but I am grateful for a Prophet of God who guides us through these perilous times. I trust him and have faith that the Lord will direct us through him in these hard times. Some have asked me what I want for Christmas. I say nothing. My gifts this year have been played out in my life, a daughter returning home from a mission, a son getting married in the temple, seeing my girls set out on their own and be so successful in the things they are doing, and a daughter engaged to be married in the temple. Those are my gifts........Termoil....No....just a crazy life and many blessings. Merry, Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Lynn

AMEN!!!! What a beautiful and wonderful post! Thanks for always being so real and honest and true. I love your heart. IT speaks so beautifully!

THanks for sharing your thoughts. I too have been thinking a lot about those things. I was just talking with someone about this very thing, the other day....she thought that it might be vain to think about what she had. I told her I believed that it was a COMMANDMENT for us to think about what we have. Isn't that what the hymn is all about?....."Count your many blessings, name them one by one....and it will surprise you what the Lord has done...."

You truly DO have a wonderful blessings list Judy! Thanks for the reminder. I am going to write me a list of my blessings too.

PS. With regards with what I can't do?? How about scrapbooking, planning and organizing some amazing parties, photography, driving to provo all by myself to visit some cute daughters, and a whole lot more!....oh, I think there is someone that I admire a LOT who can do those things. *wink*. : D

Unknown

This was such a sweet post! We too are in turmoil, my husband just found out that come Jan. 1st, everyone who is salaried at his company has to take a 5% pay cut. Also, no yearly bonus (that we count on for food storage, and our savings reserve!) and they are doing their 3rd round of lay offs soon. I was just complaining to my self this morning, thinking of not being home for Christmas, and having a very meager one at that. You are the answer that I needed. At least I get to be with my little family on a very special Christmas day, to celebrate the Savior's birth. We are all healthy, happy, and very blessed to still have a job (for now).
You always speak words directly to my heart!
I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Missy

This was such a nice post. I'm sure this is going to be a great Christmas with the new members there and having Stacy home. I'm so excited for Christmas too! Merry Christmas!

The Cooks

Thanks for this great post....it reminds us of whats truly important and that being grateful for our Savior, families, health, etc....is after all, the best gift to have :) Merry Christmas

Natalie♥

O Judy I sure hope you can sell you home soon. You are a wonderful person love ya!

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge