CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Friday, February 24, 2012

Eyes To See

I can’t believe how fast the time goes. Seems we just had Christmas and here it is almost the first of March. The past week has been a blast. From Snowmobiling on some new powder in Island Park to sandy beaches in Maui, just in a few days. I am grateful that I can go on trips with my hubby. That he is healthy.

We left Utah last week and drove all the way to Island Park. JP had had an MRI because of some headaches he has had. When we got to IP the doc called and told JP :} that he needed to have another one because he was worried about an aneurysm. Oh my heck. We had just packed our bags into the cabin and I was freaking. We called Ryan b/c he works in radiation in the IF hospital. He made some calls and we were back on our way to IF that night. Had the MRI and waited for results. Of course I was a mess as we walked through  the ER and I saw the room my mom was in FOR THE SAME THING!

Anyway, they read the MRI and couldn’t see anything, yea, so we slept in IF and then headed back up to IP the next morning. It was a zaanax night! 

But IP was beautiful when we got back up there b/c it had snowed 5 inches.

DSCN0076

DSCN0100DSCN0055DSCN0039DSCN0035DSCN0029

IMG_1975 IMG_1988 IMG_1989 

IMG_0771 IMG_2026 IMG_2045

Snowmobiling is probably my favorite thing to do.

Went  home and repacked. Headed to Hawaii.

IMG_0468 IMG_0471 IMG_0878 IMG_0884 IMG_0887 IMG_0897

Today we went snorkeling. Oh my gosh. There were huge turtles floating right below me. Two of them were kissing. Seriously.

But my favorite thing was to play in the bubbles. Oh yea baby. There were 3 deep sea divers below us and I played in the bubbles for ever. It was the most amazing sensation. Made my day.

 IMG_5037IMG_5017IMG_5021  IMG_5023

Yesterday we were walking to a community care place b/c JP has bronchitis and there was a man with 2 handicapped kids and one was obviously blind. The man took him down the beautiful sidewalk covered with palm trees just feet off the beach and as they walked along he explained everything to him. It was beautiful. I was so touched. He told him about the 2 brass and copper frogs statues. The ones I have passed by so many times and not even noticed. The ones that when I pass by now I think of this beautiful moment when I was reminded that I have eyes to see. So grateful.  So grateful I can see this beautiful world.

DSCN0109 

IMG_0477 IMG_0479 IMG_0504 IMG_0920 IMG_0921

5 comments:

Lynn

BEautiful!!!! I am so glad you two got to get away for awhile. You both needed that obviously.

So....what does the MRI mean? Will you be waiting for further results or testing?? Or was that the final answer..."We don't know what it is?" That sure would be frustrating for sure. So sorry you are going through all of that.

Watching someone you love go through health issues in not fun at all. Hugs! Do some snorkeling for me! ; )

Steph

Wow! You took some amazing photos! Just beautiful! I'm glad JP is ok. That's scary. And I'm glad you were still able to go on your trips. That sounds so fun, especially Maui. Be grateful you're there and not here in this crazy wind. And thank you for the reminder not to take being able to see for granted.

Walker Family

Glad Jerry is good! What a scare! And I am jealous of all those fun vacations you take. Hawaii looks beautiful! :)

Sandy Layne

Glad Jerry's MRI turned out OK and you had an awesome time snowmobiling and on Maui. You're pictures are gorgeous. Love you!

Sandy Layne
This comment has been removed by the author.

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge