CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Ten Great Tips for 2012/Impact

Got this email from my parents

1. Stay out of trouble.
untitled
2. Aim for greater heights.
untitled1
3. Stay focused on your job.
untitled2
4. Exercise to maintain good health.
untitled3
5. Practice team work.
untitled4
6. Rely on your trusted partner to watch your back. Take your time trusting others.
untitled6
7. Save for rainy days.
untitled7
8. Rest and relax .
untitled8
9. Always take time to smile.
untitled9
AND
10.. Realize that nothing is impossible.
untitled10 

Love this.

Yesterday I went to see The Vow screening with Brandon. WOW! I loved the movie. Loved it. It was something I needed to see. It was one of those movies that if you are feeling sorry for yourself it REALLY makes you think.

The Vow Poster 2

I had seen the trailer of if and wasn’t sure what it would be. Powerful. It is based on a true story. It is about a couple that get in an accident……… You will just have to see it. After the accident Leo (Channing Tatum) is talking and says:

That Moment of Impact is what defines who you become.

I could feel that tingly feeling you get when you REALLY get something. As I was thinking back on my life, it is those defining moments of impact that has made me who I am.

I remember the night my Best Friend died when I was 15, and the moment my parents told me she was gone. Impact.

The day a friend’s mom wouldn’t let her hang out with me because she thought I was a bad influence. Impact.

The day I came home from work and found out Grandma Onida had passed away. Impact.

The day I went to the doctor and he told me my 18 week fetus had died. Impact.

The day my daughter came home and told me the kids at school were picking on her. Impact.

The day(s) the doctor informed us of cancer. Impact.

The moment they told me it was an aneurism. Impact.

The phone call we got after JP’s cancer surgery that his father had passed away. Impact.

The day the decision was made that we accept a job in Utah. Impact.

The day I prayed about if I should marry JP and had the most amazing experience. Impact

The moment I saw my 3 babies take their first breath. Impact.

So many things have impacted my life. Some good, some bad. So many decisions on how to deal with the impact. I have really struggled with this move……blah blah blah. But I really didn’t think it would be this hard. Still facing medical challenges, but I don’t have the support system. I kinda feel like I died. I can read all about friends from home on facebook, but I feel I have lost that support, I know I still have it,  but it is so hard being so far away.   Soooooooooo, as I watched this movie, I tried to decide how this impact will affect me. If I keep going and thinking the way I am, I may just become bitter. I am a strong person. I have used the impacts in my life to become stronger. My P blessing says I will be made strong through the trials in my life. But this one had bitten me in the butt. :}

I am grateful that I have memory of these impacts. I am glad I feel the happy tug at my heart or the pain from the hurt. I am grateful for friends and family that have stood by me through these impacts. I am grateful to be alive to experience these impacts. And even thought more Impacts  terrify my, I will try to remain faithful and strong.

 

 

Life’s all about moments of impact….and how they change our lives forever.

Some family fun: Last weekend we went to Island Park to go snowmobiling. My kids went. Derek and Sydni had to work. Oh man, no one can make me laugh like my kids can.

Stacy, Nicole and Ryan

DSCN0011

Tom, Craig and Joyce

DSCN0016  DSCN0037 DSCN0038 DSCN0041 IMG_0154 IMG_0164

It was snowy and the trails were bumpy, but oh it was heaven. So fun.

IMG_0161 IMG_0163 IMG_0164

One last thing. Our new Bishop asked us to be Mission Presidents for a 2 week activity for our youth. Our mission in New Zealand. We will get out 8 companionships at the MTC on Sunday.
They will all come to our [mission home] next Wednesday for dinner. We will teach them fro Preach My Gospel on how to teach a missionary lesson. Then they will go out and teach. Oh it will be such an amazing experience.

And I will post remodel pics soon of my kitchen and craft room. Love you!

5 comments:

Lynn

Oh Judy!! I am so sorry to hear that you are still having some medical struggles. My goodness woman.....you are the strongest person I know. What an inspiration you are....truly. Just know that you have lot's of us out here as your support system! For reals! I love you.

P.S. I am SO 'impacted' by your post today. I can't tell you how much. Seriously. My mind is racing with the thoughts. I want to thank you for taking the time to post it. So amazing what one person's life can do as an example to another's. You truly are one of my rocks. I need to see that show when it comes up here. I can't wait.

Walker Family

I loved this post...It struck some very key points for some serious "impacts" I've had in my life lately! I hope you are feeling better about the move soon. You will!! Things just take some time! Hang in there!

Unknown

I know I tell you this all of the time, but your posts really help me! I'm grateful for them. Thank you for your example! And I'm sorry about more medical troubles. Frustrating! You're so amazing to be handling things the way you are. And I'm excited for your mission president experience coming up! Way cool!

Sandy Layne

Hi Judy - I'm going to have to see that movie!!! It sounds like a great one. Glad to see you had a good time with your kiddies. We have been a part of those missionary experiences with the youth and they are the best. You're going to love it! Would love to have lunch with you. Love You

Christal

I love the this post there are so many things that impact our lives for good and bad and thats what makes us! I hope your okay you have had so many things to go through and yet you are seriously one of the greatest strongest women {I don't} know ha ha no really though you are a great example to me! I can't wait to watch that movie!!Love your family fun pictures too you guys have a great family and friends!!

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge