We have had some fun here in this Salt Lake Valley. Last week we went to the Zoo with Stacy’s SIL Cassie and her two cute nieces. {Abby and Brooklyn. Abby brought a friend and her name was Abby also } It was so fun. Hot but fun.
Abby
Brooky
I love the Zoo. I loved taking my kids there. I love seeing kids watch the animals. I love the animals. It was so fun.
We had a great weekend. We looked at some homes. Went on a picnic and watched some movies.
Today is a UTAH holiday. It is Pioneer Day. Actually it is July 24th but it was celebrated today. It is in honor of the pioneers that came across the plains to religious freedom. I have family that did that. Walked from Nauvoo Illinois to Salt Lake. They have a big parade and lots of celebrations but last minute Stacy and I opted to go to the “This is the Place Monument” It is like going back 175 years. It is so fun and if you have little kids, it would be fun to take them there. It was the perfect way to celebrate this holiday!
Oh course, we had to check out the School. Stacy had to see how much things have changed over time!
ZCMI
The Saddle Shop
One of the homesteads
The Parade
They had these cabins to show the size of homes they lived in. An 8 foot x 8 foot cabin for 9 people!
I am very appreciative to my ancestors who left the comfort of their homes to walk across the plains to give us religious freedom. They had faith in each and every step they took. I don’t know if I could have been that strong.
Today on the news they asked if we could go back in time to that time period, what would miss the most.
I have to say My digital Camera. What would you miss the most?







2 comments:
Um, I'm definitely going to have to say indoor plumbing! (they didn't have that back then right? lol) I want to go there so bad after seeing all your pix! I am obsessed with old buildings & antiques. I was driving home from Island Park on Sat night & saw a beautiful fireworks display in St Anthony for Pioneer Days. I used to be the Piioneer Days Rodeo Queen way back when lol. Kind of funny to think back on now but it was so fun to learn the history and be part of the festivities. I loved it. That's so cool the zoo there has the same lion water fountain our zoo has! I take Chandler's picture drinking from it everytime we go. Anyway, have a great week Mama. Love ya!
AGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe this!!!!!!!!
I wish I had said more on my text while I was down there in Utah. It was a race every day getting things done and taking my parents here and there. We had to fit it all in in just 7 days.
I was just catching up on your blog just now. We got back on Friday night. I was going to say how sad I was that we couldn't fit in a visit with you....
And then I see this post. I am crying my eyes out! Seriously. Crying hard.
Why?
Because we took our parents there to this park! On the EXACT day you were there too. We must of surely passed each other by. I took some of the same pics you did. So uncanny. Whaaaaaaaaaaaa! I am so throwing a tantrum.....I could just kick my self. lol
Post a Comment