CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Diary Entry…….

If I was to make a diary entry, it would be something like this……

Dear Diary,

It has almost been 5 months since we moved to Utah. I like Utah. I am enjoying this adventure, but some days I feel so lost. So unsure of what my future is. I am to old to be starting over with a new home, neighborhood and ward. It is very difficult. I have so many life long friends in ID, and here I am, in a new area with only one NEW friend and she works at Verizon! My family is the most important thing in my life, but friends come in a real close second and boy do I miss my girly friends!

We bought a home, then un-bought it. Just didn’t feel right. Can’t let go of the past. Can’t push through to the future. The memories tug at my heart, and I seem to forget that in a few short years I will be remembering precious Utah memories. 

Miss my parents and JP’s mom. Miss my siblings and his. Miss my Ry-Guy and Syd. Miss my home. Miss my ward.

I’ll be honest. This is one of the hardest thing I have ever done, and I am grateful that my girls are here or I don’t think I could do this. They are my best friends. They are precious.

Looked for homes today. Look around all the neighborhoods and wonder if I will fit in. Feel like I am in 6th grade. Causes great anxiety! Just wanna be settled and try to dig my roots into this ZION soil.

But goggled inspirational quotes and this is what popped up.

  • “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
  • – Alexander Graham Bell

    Thanks Alex! That’s just what I need to hear. It really is. I know that our hearts and minds are directed to what we need to hear if we have a prayer in our hearts.

    We went to look at a home. It is beautiful and I love it. We talked to the home owner and she had lost her only daughter in a car accident 5 years ago. She was 5. She is now having to sell her home b/c her hubby wasn’t faithful and so she is on her own now. I had to get in the car and thank my Heavenly Father for my blessings.

    My family and friends will always be my family and friends. Whether I live here or there. I am blessed to have them. I am blessed to be here in ZION and to be able to spend each precious second with my girls. I am loving Stacy’s Summer break! We are having a blast.

    Life is great and I am thankful that I got a door to open. Each day is a gift. Each door we open brings us a new adventure, a new memory. But I will only have the joy I am looking for if I close the door to the past and open the door to the future.

    Yes…that’s it and I need some comments. I miss you all! You make my heart sing! :}

    4 comments:

    Julia

    Oh wow, you made me cry Judy!! I feel the same way. I didn't move far away but my best friend died and I wasn't really close to anyone. Sometimes I just want some really close friends to have fun with! Unfortunately there aren't any prospects that I know of...lol. Maybe I should just pray for some. Maybe you should too. Maybe there are some women who need you as much as you need them. Just a thought...Love you!

    Julia

    Same for me of course...

    Shannon Dooley

    Oh Mom, you just make me want to cry! If it's hard for someone as cute & bubbly and outgoing as you to fit in & make friends, it can't be easy for anyone. I love how candid and honest you are so that we all know to pray for you to find your way, or His way rather. One day you'll look back on this struggle as a distant memory, surrounded by friends, laughter, & comfort. I just know it. That is so sad about the homeowner & her struggles. It makes me grateful for my kids and husband, that's for sure. I love you Mom. Keep the updates coming & I hope you feel the prayers of those that love you coming your way. Hugs.

    Lynn

    Wow. Thanks for sharing the story of that homeowner and of your sweet and honest thoughts. It puts it all into perspective for me.

    P.S Congrats on finding your new home! Can't wait to see pics and what you do with it. I love homes with character and the lived in look. It will be SO exciting for you.

    Uplifting Quotes

    "Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

    "Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
    Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

    "Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

    . . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

    GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


    LOVE.....
    Remember how it started,
    remember the happiness it brought to you,
    and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


    The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

    ..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


    "When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

    "Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

    "Memory making and moments come but once.
    You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

    "Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

    "The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

    Our Backyard

    Our Backyard
    Fun In The Sun

    Hinckley Challenge