You should go over HERE to check out Ashley and Blake’s weeding pics. Oh so cute! Here is one of them….
It was so fun to be able to take their pics. I have the best family ever. They are so good to support me and my wicked addiction of photography. Thanks guys!
We had such a good weekend. It was crazy busy and I am liking Salt Lake more and more. On Friday, Rockwoods came and we had dinner……..
Then on Saturday we played and played. Ate at In and Out…..Oh YUMMY
Watched Conference
fieldtrip……
Then to the George Strait, Reba, and Leanne Womac concert
One of the funnest things was……..for April fools day Stacy and I made these little hamburgers for her kids at school. I found the idea online, on someone’s blog, then when I tried to find it I couldn’t….so thanks to someone for this cute idea……..
The buns are vanilla wafers, hamburger patty is a keebler grasshopper cookie, red and yellow frosting and wet the top a little and dip in sesame seeds. So fun. I took them in and they kids were so excited!!!!
I’ve been a thinking……….
Are you happy?
I have been looking around and there is so much contention, depression, sadness and trials in the world. So easy for us to get sucked in to thinking that if we “have this” or “do this” or “don’t have to do this” we well be happy. There are so many worldly things that we get wrapped up in and we tend to forget the small things. The past 4 years, I have served in leadership callings, and there was days that I was so crazy busy that I would think…..”oh it would be so nice to have this time for myself”
I got released from YW several weeks ago, and I am so lost. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side. I know that if we lose ourselves in service, we will forget about the problems in our lives. We will be blessed.
I have felt picked on alot the past few weeks, feeling down and out…..but it reminded me of President Hinkley. When he was on his mission he wrote home and told his dad he was homesick and his dad wrote back and said “FORGET YOURSELF AND GO TO WORK!”
I really think that is what my Heavenly Father is telling me. It is not the earthly stuff that makes us truly happy. We can have the newest and finest earthly possessions and it doesn’t fill that hole in our heart.
Before we came to this earth, we were excited to come here, to be families, wards, neighbors and friends. We were so excited to be able to serve, help and love each other. That is what it is all about. Service. Love for others.
As I ride my rollercoaster of an adventure, I am trying to keep my chin up. I am trying not to dwell on what I am leaving in Idaho, but to dwell on what lies before me in Utah. I miss my Young Women and the leaders I worked with, but look forward to a new primary class or whatever is in store for me….
Some days I feel so lost in this big wide world, but if I keep my eyes and heart toward Heaven, He will lead and guide me. I know if I will turn my heart from what worldly things I have or need, to who I serve and love, my life will be full……and blessed.
Oh….and I found out today that my thyroid is super low…..so maybe it will help me to get it regulated :>}







4 comments:
Check out Kelp for that Thyroid! Welcome to the club. ; S
You are SO cute! And fun fun fun!! Where were you when we were spending a week in Salt Lake that one time. Sure can't wait to go back there again...and it would be SO fun to meet up with you again. Longer than 5 minutes just off the highway. lol
I have to tell ya....Stacy sure fits right in there in front of the class. She is such a cute teacher. And those hamburgers.....so stinkin' cute!!!! What a great idea.
Praying for a new calling for you! {Remember....you get what you asked for. Ha Ha}
First of all, two things: 1) What is the deal with that awesome egg bath tub! Way fun! and 2) I'm glad I'm not the only one who takes pictures of their food before they eat it ha ha. I'm glad you had so much fun!! It looked like such a party the whole time. Tyson and I were talking about you guys yesterday. We feel like Tyson's job will be taking us to the Salt Lake valley sometime. We were talking about how different it will be, not having family super close or even very many friends down there. We were driving to the hospital to see his grandma and Tyson says, "Do you think Pasley's will hang out with us if we move down there?" ha ha I thought that was hilarious how he said it. And those hamburgers are so cute!! What a great idea! I'm glad you posted a picture of Stacy with her class. I guess we really are grown ups with grown up jobs! Crazy.
The wedding pix turned out marvelous! I bet they are beyond pleased with the end result. What a gorgeous couple. I'm glad you are adjusting better but what's up with your dang thyroid! That's a bummer Mom. At least you got it figured out & can hopefully now get something done about it. Doesn't Reba look beyond amazing? I was commenting to Jared about it the other night watching the CMA's. It's like she's ageing in the opposite direction. Conference made me think back to the picture you posted with your feet up on the coffee table and conference on the TV in the background. I miss you!
Fun running into you! Glad you had a great weekend with your friends and you are liking Salt Lake a little better. Be sure you go see the Carl Bloch exhibit at BYU if you haven't already. Nicole would luv it. It is amazing. You can get tickets on line. It will be there until May 7th. Don't you wished you would have had Stacy for your teacher? She is a doll. I want to hook up with you sometime. Luv U
Post a Comment