CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

good and bad experiences……..

I am having a hard time posting. Having a hard time. I am to old to do this. To start over. To make new friends. To move to a new state.

The first week was super hard. I was so stinkin’ homesick. I wanted to wake up and have it over….like it was a bad dream. Then one night I asked JP if he had any regrets. He said NO. I said…..”OK then I can do this.”

I have spent time on my knees, praying and putting my life in HIS hands. To guide us. To help me. I am doing so much better. Tons Better.

I know it will be ok. I know that I will learn something that I can only learn this way. Maybe some patience. Maybe some gratitude. Maybe some empathy.  Maybe.

But I miss my friends and family and ward.

How can my 2011 word be adventure if there is no adventure…..right?

Lots of stuff has been happening in my life.

Cole and I was able to go to the Jazz game. OMG! We had a riot. Thanks Kent for the tickets! She is so fun and I love this girl.

IMG_1413 IMG_1417

We went up to the cabin to check it to make sure it was ok and it is a good thing we did that…… The ice came off the roof and WHAMMO. Ice through the window. (the window is 1- 1/2 stories up….so you can tell how much snow is up there}

DSCN0166 DSCN0172  IMG_4830 IMG_4832 IMG_4835

Then a little ride…..

DSCN0184 DSCN0185 DSCN0190 DSCN0202 DSCN0210 DSCN0211 DSCN0233 DSCN0241 DSCN0248 DSCN0276 DSCN0277 DSCN0278 IMG_4849 IMG_4851 IMG_4878

Stacy and I made 2 quilts for Angie …calling all Angels…..(note to self…..finish those and get them to Angie)

DSCN0154 DSCN0156 DSCN0158 DSCN0159 DSCN0160

  My cute little niece Ashley got married last Thursday. It was a beautiful day and I took the pictures. It was very stressful for me, but Oh so fun. What an honor for me to be in the middle of it all. She is so fun. I am excited to get them all edited and post some. Love you Ash.

IMG_2031

Cole came home for the wedding. It was so fun. We went to grandma and grandpa’s and they loaded her up with gluten free stuff.

3-25 

Then Ryan, Std, Nicole and I left for Utah for the weekend. Shopped real hard.

3-26 3-27

I love the memories I create each and every day. I love my family. I am so grateful for them. So proud of them.

But…..today I got a text from Natalie (my niece)  that she has thyroid cancer. I am so sad for her. It is such a  worry. Such a life changing experience. Please pray for her and her family.

Natalie is such an amazing person. Wise beyond her years. She has been through so much in her life and remains strong and faithful. She is not only my niece, but a good friend in my life.

10 comments:

Holly

Hang in there mom! The song I posted on my blog- I was thinking so much of all of you! Keep your head up- you are good at being positive and you will get through all the bumps! :) ♥ ya!

We drove through IP on our way to Bozeman MT, and the snow was crazy! Can't believe how much there is up there! So glad you checked on the cabin! Yikes!

Lynn

Oh no!!!!! That last paragraph or two was shocking to me!!! I've been waiting to hear and had not heard yet.
I will certainly continue to keep her in my prayers. Always.

Judy.....seriously......no one can ever claim that your life was boring. Or not adventurous. My goodness. Broken windows, broken spirits, broken hearts.......remember.......they are all fixable. Your sweet sweet family is so adorable, giving, sympathetic, good and kind. You are truly blessed to be surrounded by those who love you SO much. Whether they are near or far. ; D

Hugs! Love ya too.

Natalie♥

Thanks Judy!! Love ya

Unknown

I'm so glad we were able to see you and Nicole at the reception the other night! It is a great feeling being with friends and feeling the comfort of their presence. I believe that you are down there in Utah to bless someone else's life, and neither of you know it yet. As much as you guys are missed up here you are going to be great down there! Keep on smiling and having faith! I am grateful for the blogosphere so we can keep in contact with others' lives. PS We were so sorry to hear about Natalie. She will definietly be in our prayers.

Sandy Layne

I can't imagine what you're going through. It would be so hard to leave everything you know and love. Idaho has always been home to you. Would love to connect with you when you get settled. Sorry about your niece. Love You

Christal

glad your hanging in there funny how the words we chose are kind of becoming the year mine was change and that is definitely the story so far! Hang in there it will get better! Takes time to process and get used to new things eh! You are amazing and such a great example! So sad for your niece that is horrible news! Hope your day is going good!

Erin

We are gonna miss you, but you WILL make good friends there!It will all work out. I love to read your blog, you are inspirational! We will definatly keep Natalie in our prayers, she is such a sweet girl and good mommy!

Shannon Dooley

I will pray for your niece and for you. You are so fun loving & a joy to be around. You'll make amazing friends in no time and be thankful for the direction God has chosen to take you. Miss ya!

Kasey

Oh I'm so sorry you are having all those emotions! I hope and pray that you feel His love and His help! Oh..does Nicole have Ciliacs (sp)? There is a grocery store in Layton that is 100% Gluten Free! I have a friend who has it and when I found that grocery store she fell in love! If she hasn't heard of it let me know and I'll find the name and address again!!

Sara

i'm so sorry to hear that about your niece, we'll keep your family in our prayers! honestly judy, that whole post was chock full of adventure... looks like you're having so much fun with your kids!! hang in there, we miss you, but a new chapter is beginning for you! <3

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge