CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Monday, August 13, 2012

……………………Alive…………….

You know, on that first Sunday of the Month, when your heart starts racing, and hands get clammy and you know you have to stand publicly and thank your Heavenly Father for your many blessings. (It’s called Fast and Testimony meeting in my church) I have been kinda having those same feelings. Feeling like I would be so ungrateful if I didn’t express my feelings to Him.

It has been a wild year. I don’t know if you ever feel like life is like the last 2 minutes of a ballgame and the score is tied. Like it is spinning so fast and out of control you just forget what direction you need to go.

I fell off a ladder almost 2 months ago, and as I laid there in pain, crying I felt anger. Why? I have so much to do. So much I want to do. Why now? Why can’t things go right for a change?

As I look back, I can see what a blessing this has been. I can see how it changed the course of my life and my thinking. I am grateful. Grateful I was forced to sit back and ponder and think about my life. Think about what is important.

There are really only a couple things that are of real value on this earth.

I saw a sign on the wall at Sam’s Club that said……

The important things in life are not what we gather……………..

It is the things we scatter.  (it was something like that)

It’s all about Service. Helping People. Loving others. Being God’s hands on this earth. That’s it. We can’t take our earthly possessions with us.

We can gather all the earthly possessions, but it is sharing them with others that is the real purpose of life.

I had my surgery in Idaho Falls and I had so much love and support shown to me. So many people  called, brought food, visited, brought gifts and so much for me and my family. My heart is overflowing, such a contrast to that same heart 50 days ago. 50 days ago it was sad, lonely and empty. Makes me wanna cry. Makes me rejoice that a Loving Heavenly Father can see that a serious injury can lead to a softening of heart and a grateful heart.

(just a little catch up) Partied with the R’s

IMG_0001 IMG_0002 IMG_0003 IMG_0033

Got me on a jet ski before surgery!

IMG_0022   IMG_0026IMG_0039 IMG_1183 IMG_1188

They brought their grandkids over…………….. so fun

IMG_1837 IMG_1840 IMG_1849 IMG_1856 IMG_1928

IMG_1946 IMG_1947 IMG_1952 IMG_1971  IMG_1992 

Met my sweet new niece Reagan

 IMG_2030 IMG_2033

Went and watched Sara’s game.

IMG_2068

Lott Family reunion at McDonalds!

7-7

Sunday dinner at Mom and Dad’s

7-22

Surgery day. It all went so well. They had to reconstruct my ACL. I obliterated it. :{  They also had to fix a rip in my meniscus.

 

photo

IMG_0456 IMG_0457

Some Guests

IMG_1429 

 IMG_1454IMG_1450

So eightish years Joyce was cleaning and stepped off her ladder…..just like me. I went over and told her I would do ANYTHING she needed me to do…..

PTDC0002     ………..and she did the same for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_1437

……and this is July in a nutshell.

1 comments:

Lynn

YAY! What a FUN post! I wondered where you went.

I am giddy. { I was going to say laughing...but what's so funny about falling off a ladder. Nothing!} So giddy is all I can come up with. HA ha.

Those last two pictures say it all don't they? My oh my. Who would of known, eh? You have the BEST friend there in the WHOLE world! So cool.

I am SO happy that your surgery went well for you. Wow. When you blow something up....you really do. I can't imagine. Your poor knee.

What a WICKED WICKED woman you are....going on a jet ski before your surgery. lol! Love it. I am totally inspired by you. You certainly do live life to the fullest. LOVE your happy smile Judy. Even through it all. So inspiring. LOVE ya!

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge