CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Life as a Gypsy……

We have had so many people tease us and tell us we are gypsies…….that we can’t sit still very long and move from home to home. Most of them were just because we wanted to. This one is different. Job change. But I have been thinking about this for awhile….the gypsiness in us. I am ready to get some roots planted in our new home, but there is not one home that I would give up. Not one move I would change. Not one person I would sacrifice knowing.

Each move has been difficult to settle and fit in. Each move has taught me patience, endurance and made me stronger. Most of all I would not do it any different because of the people we have met. Each ward, each friendship and each memory is something I love and it is what has made me into who I am today. I have lifelong friends from each move. The thoughts of going back and erasing that memory by not making that move makes me sad. I can’t even imagine sacrificing one of those friendships. I remember each move, crying because I was homesick for the LAST one, and then slowly I would intertwine myself into the hearts of some dear friends. Making memories that last a lifetime. So even though I am homesick for Idaho some days, I think back about those other times and how it ended up, with a friendship that I couldn’t  bear to leave.

As I try to introduce myself to my new ward and neighbors, I think of all the times I have done this, how hearts collided and I made friends that I will have through the eternities. So I say to my self…..PRESS ONWARD JUDY…..YOU CAN DO HARD THINGS! :>}

----------------------------------------------------------------

Well I must say….There’s no place like home. I had an amazing week, and I am so grateful that I could go to Idaho and attend the funeral of our friend. I have never seen so many flowers. 

IMG_7046 IMG_7056 IMG_7063 IMG_7069 IMG_7079 IMG_7099 IMG_7102 IMG_7107

…..and these are just a few.

Our good Friend Jana decorated for the luncheon. She is so talented and it was so beautiful. He was a potato farmer so she put potatoes in vases on the table. It was a fall/harvest theme which was his favorite time of year.

 IMG_7180 IMG_7181 IMG_7183 IMG_7185 IMG_7186 IMG_7187 IMG_7189 IMG_7535 IMG_7536 IMG_7539

It was a beautiful day.

I love to learn new things. Keeps me young. When we moved into our home we discovered that we had concord grape vines on our deck. We watched as they ripened, and I decided I would make some grape jelly. Oh boy is it yummy.

 IMG_7711 IMG_7715 IMG_7716 IMG_7710 IMG_7757

IMG_7755

IMG_7758

Then went to a vegetable stand and found some tomatoes. My favorite fall tradition is to make salsa. I did 3 batches and I love putting the little pint bottles on my shelves in my basement!

IMG_7730 IMG_7732  IMG_7734 IMG_7735 IMG_7736 

 

IMG_7744

Got my canning and errands done, and jumped in the car and headed back to Idaho………drove straight to Island Park and stayed at the cabin for 3 nights. Oh how I have missed that place. It is so peaceful and I really needed that!!!!!! It is another favorite fall tradition that Jerry and Craig go fishing and Joyce and I just hang……and hanging is what we did. Laid around in our jammies and watched some TV and worked on computer stuff.  We did find time one day to take the guys some lunch.

IMG_7799 IMG_7801 IMG_7807 IMG_7810 IMG_7815 IMG_7832 IMG_7834 IMG_7857 IMG_7859 IMG_7628 IMG_7650 IMG_7676 IMG_7686 IMG_7710

100_0458 100_0462 DSCN0153 IMG_4560 IMG_4563  

Like I said….just hung out in our jammies.

IMG_7622

So grateful for great friends. So grateful to be able to laugh and create sweet memories. It was priceless.

IMG_7726

So I guess I can say that if we were not gypsy's we would not have met the Walker family or the Rockwoods and soooooooo many other great friends!So grateful  that were have been blessed with these families in our lives. So grateful!

4 comments:

Unknown

Judy, I can't tell you how much I needed this post tonight! I'm going to have Tyson read it as soon as I get done typing this. My mom and sisters left from the staying over at our house this weekend and it has been a tough night with a few tears, to say the least. Tonight is one of those nights that we're missing Idaho and our people there. I appreciate your thoughts and knowing that there is hope for us to be content with being here. Hope that one day the loneliness will surpass and we'll find true joy in our move. We'll be saying to our selves, "Press onward, Tyson and Alli. You can do hard things!" from now on! Thanks again! We sure love you guys! :)

Lynn

We've been blessed to finally stay as long as we have in this house we are in now. 15 years and going.

However, I truly appreciated your thoughts on the BLESSINGS you have gained from moving from place to place. What a wonderful positive look on things. Go Judy! Love it. Those were good points.

The flowers at your friend's funeral were amazingly gorgeous AND fun. Tractors were a really cool touch. And so was all the Harvest decorating and potatoes. Too cute! What love went into that for the family, or what, eh?

So jealous of your grapes and salsa making! Wow. You have been busy. They look so delicious.

I bet some time off at the cabin was certainly needed.

BTW - You look SO cute in your jammies. ; )

Holly

I look at all the joy amongst the trials in your life and I tell myself I want to me like you! Thanks for posting mom. We will eventually see the light again- and be better for all of our struggles, whether it's another move and starting over or getting through a year of cancer! You give me HOPE & STRENGTH! ♥

Walker Family

Well, even though AZ was a short lived home...your sweet family got me through a lot of trials and gave me the chance to become best buds with Nicole. How I miss her being close and miss shopping trips to the mall, and to movies and dinners. You definitley made an impact on the Sperry family! Good thing we're related. You can't get too far away from us hahahah! Love ya!

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge